Kristina

Trojan.Fake-Drop/Gen

I keep getting these same 3 files and I allow SAS to delete them and then you have to restart in which I say ok and then when the computer restarts it just keeps restarting itself then I have to start up in safemode and scan it with malwarebytes and then it starts back up normally I don't know if these are false positives or why I keep getting the same 3 files any help thank you

Trojan.Fake-Drop/Gen

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSDRVE.DLL

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SVCPRMPT.DLL

C:\WINDOWS\VMOPTVER.DLL

I keep getting these same 3 files and I allow SAS to delete them and then you have to restart in which I say ok and then when the computer restarts it just keeps restarting itself then I have to start up in safemode and scan it with malwarebytes and then it starts back up normally I don't know if these are false positives or why I keep getting the same 3 files any help thank you

Trojan.Fake-Drop/Gen

Can you post the full scan log here so we can see what version of our software and definitions you are scanning with?

I just redid SAS and once again those same 3 files are back

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log

https://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 03/28/2009 at 03:26 PM

Application Version : 4.23.1006

Core Rules Database Version : 3819

Trace Rules Database Version: 1773

Scan type : Complete Scan

Total Scan Time : 00:49:50

Memory items scanned : 379

Memory threats detected : 0

Registry items scanned : 5358

Registry threats detected : 0

File items scanned : 18409

File threats detected : 16

Adware.Tracking Cookie

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@specificclick[1].txt

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@specificmedia[1].txt

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@adopt.euroclick[1].txt

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@ads.pointroll[2].txt

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@ad.yieldmanager[1].txt

.adopt.euroclick.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\0l59nctg.default\cookies.txt ]

.adopt.euroclick.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\0l59nctg.default\cookies.txt ]

adopt.euroclick.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\0l59nctg.default\cookies.txt ]

adopt.euroclick.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\0l59nctg.default\cookies.txt ]

.tribalfusion.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\0l59nctg.default\cookies.txt ]

.media6degrees.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\0l59nctg.default\cookies.txt ]

.media6degrees.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\0l59nctg.default\cookies.txt ]

Trojan.Fake-Drop/Gen

I did what you said and installed the lastest version of SAS and once again I'm getting those same 3 files. Please any help thank you

Thank you SASService I did what you suggested. Don't get why those same 3 files keep coming back I let SAS take care of it but then a few days later the files are back. thank you again

I never heard back from SAS should I redo one? I put my outlook express email address which I shouldn't of because sometimes I don't get mail when I use that email address

If some virus/adware is being tricky and restoring these files, I'd suggest one trick I've used to really nail these things.

Go into safe mode and delete the files manually. Once they are gone, create a folder with the same exact name.

Make it read-only. Then when whatever is trying to create the files runs again, it will fail. The virus is clueless as to what happened.