SUPERAntiSpy

Nick, your program took a big crap on my machine

Can you supply some additional information, such as operating system you are using, other security products you are running, which version (Free or Pro) of our product you are running? What exaclty happened? When did it freeze? When starting, when scanning?

Any CPU is just as easy to freeze as another.

-Nick

Sounds as if something also scanning at the same time we are - or you have a corrupted installation. Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing SUPERAntiSpyware?

-Nick

You are the only person we had reports from that has a problem of this sort - so I believe it is something on your machine. That said - I still would like to find out what exactly is happening.

FYI, using 60% of the process while scanning is perfectly normal - and common with most scanners.

-Nick

It could be the 8+ anti-spyware/virus programs you are running all at once. It does not sound as if you really want us to help track this down as you did not answer most of the quesitons I asked so we could try and track this down.

Happy Surfing!

-Nick

Hi I'm new on this forum. I have been looking through the old posts, and have come across this one. I run SuperAntispyware Pro [ great program by the way ] and I have ZoneAlarm security suite running as well. SuperAntispyware conflicts with ZoneAlarm.

Any chance that you could have a look at this on the next version of SuperAntispyware. I can't run the latest version of ZoneAlarm, as it keeps making outlook express crash when it checks the emails. Also when you do a scan with Super Antispyware you have to turn off ZoneAlarms anti virus and anti spyware to get Super Antispyware to initisalize.

Cheers JC

Hi J.C. and welcome to the SAS forums :)

My take on things :wink:

I can't run the latest version of ZoneAlarm, as it keeps making outlook express crash when it checks the emails

Zone alarm bug :oops:

Also when you do a scan with Super Antispyware you have to turn off ZoneAlarms anti virus and anti spyware to get Super Antispyware to initisalize.

Caused by ZoneAlarm :(

FWIW it is reccomended when ever running on demand scans with AntiVirus/Antispyware/Antitrojan software that you turn off any realtime AV/ASW/AT you have running since it speeds up the scan by the software. and prevents any possible conflicts arising

I don't think there is much(if anything) SAS HQ could do to relsove the conflict between the 2 softwares since its Zone Alarm causing the conflict on your computer.Maybe best to approach ZA :wink:

All the best!

Well thank you for your reply sir. I have told ZoneAlarm about the problem, but they say no one else is having the same problem, so it must be me. They said that last time they brought a new version out, but then it was taken off the web site , and a new version made [ latest version ] and I still have problems. Think I will go back to Norton when my subscription is up.

Thank you for your help it is much appreciated.

Cheers JC.

omg- you are running 8 antispyware programs in real time? They are not on demand? (manual scans?)

No wonder superantispyware is having a problem. You can only run one antivirusprogram as a resident shield, and in startup and one antispyware program and both have to be set to scan at different times or they will fight each other and use up a whole lot of resources.

The rest should be manual scans and scanning should not be done at the same time for this same reason.

What you should do is take the other ones out of startup- make them manual scans and run only superantispyware in realtime and see what happens.

I do not care if you had a machine running xforce power that could launch a space ship, you are using programs that will fight if run at the same time and will cause something to crash or worse.

robin

Hello Zip. Thanks for your comments, any help is appreciated. I only have Zone Alarn internet security suite and SuperAntispyware Pro running. If I turn off Zone Alarms anti virus and spyware Super Antispyware initializes every time, if I leave them turned on it's a bit hit and miss.

Cheers J.C.