psicutrinius

Has GROMOZON.INSTALLER infected HP's download site?

SAS has discovered the TROJAN.GROMOZON-INSTALLER embedded into the software for an hp deskjet 3650 printer.

This has been downloaded straight from the hp downloads site (due to a reinstallation of the xpPro sp2). Certainly, the software gets inoperative if I throw all 5 reported files into quarantine and restoring them makes the programs operative again.

And this is the question: Coming straight fron the hp site, is this a false positive? have hp been infected and unaware of it?.

Which one from that page ?

Also , if it is not to much trouble could you upload those files to this page : http://www.castlecops.com/f81-Unknown_Files.html . Create a new thread and submit the four files .

@ Nic and fatdcuk

Basic driver english = 8.37M

Basic driver spanish = 8.38M

Full driver english = 16.34M

Full driver spanish = 27.09M :shock:

It is probably nothing but we should look into this .

Which one from that page ?

Also , if it is not to much trouble could you upload those files to this page : http://www.castlecops.com/f81-Unknown_Files.html . Create a new thread and submit the four files .

@ Nic and fatdcuk

Basic driver english = 8.37M

Basic driver spanish = 8.38M

Full driver english = 16.34M

Full driver spanish = 27.09M :shock:

It is probably nothing but we should look into this .

They are legit files - it was a false positive that was resolved in yesterday's later definition release. :)

It was the full version as you guessed.

SAS looked into the matter, reported it to be a false positive, already taken care of in the latest update. I ran SAS again after that and, yes, that was over.

Therefore, since the matter is solved (and in fact had been solved shortly before I posted), I believe it is not necessary to copy these files here. Not now, HOURS after the matter has been solved (which is due to the time zone differences: I use to sleep a few hours a night).

Anyway, thanks a lot both for the clear answer and the interest and for the speed as well.