siliconman01

Update oddity

A friend of mine is experiencing the same problem only it reverts back to Core 3773 and Trace 1741. I've asked him to create a support ticket on this. I do not know if it is relevant; however, he uses slow speed dialup for his Internet connection. His version is SAS PRO V4.25.1014.

A strange thing has happened a couple of times recently and only since I updated to version 4.25.1014 of SAS. Currently, my defs show as Core: 3786 and Trace: 1743. Both are the latest defs at the time of writing this. However, before I updated, although the Trace defs showed the previous version of 1742, the Core defs showed a very old version of 3259!

This is ridiculous as I check for updates at least once a day and I'd had the previous Core defs of 3785 yesterday. This has never happened to me before and I'm completely mystified by it. Can anyone shed any light on the bizarre discrepancy in the Core defs versions shown please? :?

You could have caught us in a transition stage with new update servers - let us know if it happens again.

You could have caught us in a transition stage with new update servers

I suspect that Nick's post explains the issue. Users with cable/DSL "always connected" systems would probably never have noticed a temporary glitch of a definitions rollback and then correction. However, a dialup user initiating a dial-in would have much more opportunity to detect it.