Sign in to follow this  
Daveski17

Has anyone had problems with Spybot S&D 1.6.2?

Has anyone had problems with Spybot S&D 1.6.2? I upgraded to 1.6.2 from 1.6.0 & it has been nothing but trouble. I found that I couldn't even uninstall it! I tried re-installing & all sorts of things. I would get a pop-up (TeaTimer I think) informing me that an important change was taking place every time I tried to upgrade anything, such as Java. The pop-up would not click off even when I clicked 'allow'. When I tried to close down the computer it only did it begrudgingly & Windows would inform me I may lose work if I close. 1.6.2 seemed 'buggy' & eccentric from the start. :?

I have finally managed to remove it & all of its files from my 'C' drive now (I think so). Even then it kept telling me I did not have authority to remove them. It really did not want to go! :shock:

I hate to lose Spybot because I thought the 'immunizer' was a good idea. I have never really rated its scanner/remover & it missed a trojan a few months ago that SUPERAntiSpyware found & removed. I have *SUPERAntiSpyware & SpywareBlaster still, so I should be OK. I just couldn't put up with all of its weirdness anymore. It was always a tad eccentric. I hope Spybot 2 is a lot better. I may look at that when it comes out.

Has anyone else had any problems with Spybot 1.6.2?

*SUPERAntiSpyware has the distinction of being the only anti-malware program to have never caused me any problems ever.