Rannilas

XP sp3

I'm running SAS in safe mode as part of the instruction given here and the program just closes itself while scanning after about 45 to 50 minutes. What should I do? What do you need from me to be able to answer that question? ;) lol

I just successfully scanned the registry by itself. I'll keep scanning bit by bit to see if it's crashing somewhere in particular.

It's dying while it's scanning the quarantine director of trend micro\internet security\quarantine

Specifically, the last file I saw it processing was UCApyxetoqb_f38.VIR

I went to add the quarantine directory to the excluded list and it crashed the program. This made me suspicious. Using a command line to list the contents of the directory I got a cmd.exe - Application Error that read "The instruction at "0x7c9118e9" referenced memory at "0xfffffff8". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program."

This just happen to occur as the dir command was listing UACpyxetoqb_f38.VIR whose timestamp coincides with the previous trojan I had finished removing before this new highjacker kicked in.

What happens with SAS scanner if you completely clear out the Trend Micro Quarantine folder and empty your recycle bin? And what version of SAS are you using?

Try unchecking the Kernel Direct and Direct Disk Access options under the scanning control preferences of SUPERAntiSpyware and try the scan again. Let us know the results.