skypilotpete

SAS and Spybot teatimer problem

I recently had a major spyware scare, and started experimenting with running more than one real-time anti-spyware program at a time. I have heard many differing opinions as to whether this is a good idea. The following issue possibly suggests that it is not a good idea! However, I would appreciate your opinions on this, as well as specific help on the following issue.

I have just had a conflict between Spybot's resident "Teatimer" and Superantispyware. When Superantispyware was updating, I got a message from Spybot asking whether or not to allow a major registry change. Unfortunately the Spybot dialog box was incorrectly displayed, and there were no buttons visible so I could not allow the change. I have since discovered that this is a known issue, and that I can allow or disallow changes from the keyboard.

According to the Spybot log, the following change was disallowed:

5/11/2006 08:54:08 Denied value "!SASWinLogon" (new data: "") added in Winlogon Notifiers!

Could someone please let me know if this is going to interfere with SAS operating properly? If so, what can I do to rectify it?

Hi skypilotpete

I'm not sure about the operating conflict but i suspect it would cause an issue at one point or another for SAS operation.

I vaguely remember reading somewhere about the S&D bug with the alert box's.IRC you can tap the keys a for allow and d for deny when the alert box is generated.

LMK if i've remembered correctly /incorrectly:oops:

Could someone please let me know if this is going to interfere with SAS operating properly? If so, what can I do to rectify it?

Hello skypilotpete,

As a former Spybot user, I can safely say that I think you'll find SUPERAntiSpyware to be a superior product in both detection and removal over the Spybot program. You didn't mention if you installed SUPERAntiSpyware Free or Pro, but what I would do is uninstall Spybot completely and keep SUPERAntiSpyware as your main anti-spyware utility. The Free version is an incredible scanner, but the Pro version offers much more protection for your PC at a very reasonable price. :)

I recently had a major spyware scare, and started experimenting with running more than one real-time anti-spyware program at a time. I have heard many differing opinions as to whether this is a good idea. The following issue possibly suggests that it is not a good idea! However, I would appreciate your opinions on this, as well as specific help on the following issue.

I have just had a conflict between Spybot's resident "Teatimer" and Superantispyware. When Superantispyware was updating, I got a message from Spybot asking whether or not to allow a major registry change. Unfortunately the Spybot dialog box was incorrectly displayed, and there were no buttons visible so I could not allow the change. I have since discovered that this is a known issue, and that I can allow or disallow changes from the keyboard.

According to the Spybot log, the following change was disallowed:

5/11/2006 08:54:08 Denied value "!SASWinLogon" (new data: "") added in Winlogon Notifiers!

The !SASWinLogon is our WinLogon handler which helps remove hard to defeat spyware. I would disable TeaTimer and then re-install SUPERAntiSpyware, you can then re-enable TeaTimer.