JosephB

SAS - Probelm Updating to 4.25.1012

How come when I clicked - "get updates" in SAS Free, it did *not* update me to version 4.25.1012 ?

I am still showing version 4.24.1004. It only updated to the latest definitions.

Questions:

1) I thought cliicking the updates button was suppose to update SAS Free to the latest version as well. Am I mistaken ???

2) So, should I use Add/Remove Control Panel to Uninstall ** OR ** Your Un-install Tool to remove the current version, before installing the latest 4.25.1012 version of SAS Free, following the manual downloading of it ?

3) Any plans to enhance the "Updates Button" to also update SAS to the latest version of the pgm, in addition to only getting definitions updates ???

If you right click on the SAS icon in the Notification Tray (next to the system clock in the task bar) and select "Check for Updates", you will get the product update notification at the bottom of the blue/white message box. The "Check for Updates" on the main screen only checks for core/trace updates.

siliconman01,

I didn't notice that. Used system tray update and it worked, updating ro 4.25.1012. (Also, noticed that you could do pgm update from the preference, update tab).

Thanks!

...BTW, Question is the following a Bug with SAS:

If one is using SAS only as an On-Demand and has Start with Windows - Disabled and Show SAS in Tray Icon,

then:

When you Start SAS from desktop or start menu icon, the SAS GUI does *not* Start, just the SAS tray icon appears. Then you must --- double Click a "Second Time" either the desktop icon, the start menu icon or double click the system tray icon for the GUI to appear !! ... Is this a bug ?

.... However, if one also disables tray icon from appearing in conjuction with disabling start with windows, then gui appears without need for double clicking a second time

...BTW, Question is the following a Bug with SAS:

If one is using SAS only as an On-Demand and has Start with Windows - Disabled and Show SAS in Tray Icon,

then:

When you Start SAS from desktop or start menu icon, the SAS GUI does *not* Start, just the SAS tray icon appears. Then you must --- double Click a "Second Time" either the desktop icon, the start menu icon or double click the system tray icon for the GUI to appear !! ... Is this a bug ?

.... However, if one also disables tray icon from appearing in conjuction with disabling start with windows, then gui appears without need for double clicking a second time

The actions you are seeing above is the design of SAS...normal operation.