juanlc

View Blocked Spyware in SAS Free version

I think it would be a good idea to let us at least view the blocked spyware in the free personal version of SAS. :?:

The blocked spyware works only with the real-time protection. You can view the scan logs (in the Preferences/Control Center) to see what items that were detected and removed.

I have been able to see the referred logs already.

What I meant was to be able to checkout the spyware-malware-adaware that SAS blocks. You know like Spywareblaster and Spybot S&D show, so that you can enable or disable protection in case a certain malware is needed.

Any ideas or plans to have this feature added in the near future?

If not I would consider it a sugestion then... :idea:

Thanks.

I have been able to see the referred logs already.

What I meant was to be able to checkout the spyware-malware-adaware that SAS blocks. You know like Spywareblaster and Spybot S&D show, so that you can enable or disable protection in case a certain malware is needed.

Any ideas or plans to have this feature added in the near future?

If not I would consider it a sugestion then... :idea:

Thanks.

Ok, I understand what you are asking - if SAS detects something you don't want it to detect you can simply add it to the "Trusted/Allowed" list when it is detected and it won't be detected again.

Ok.

I think we're geting closer.

I know what you mean and am aware of this way of trusting/allowing certain items after the fact of them being detected.

Could you have the listing of the malware detected before it is actually detected?

You are familiar with Spybot S&D and Spywareblaster aren't you?

http://www.safer-networking.org/

http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html

Attached are the links if needed.

Ok.

I think we're geting closer.

I know what you mean and am aware of this way of trusting/allowing certain items after the fact of them being detected.

Could you have the listing of the malware detected before it is actually detected?

You are familiar with Spybot S&D and Spywareblaster aren't you?

http://www.safer-networking.org/

http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html

Attached are the links if needed.

I am very familiar with just about every anti-spyware application out today - many of our rules/definitions can detect literally hundreds of variants of a "family" of spyware - if you trust the entire family, you could be missing a huge infection while wanting to allow only a single file or series of files - that is why we do not have a list like the other applications to "uncheck" items you do not want blocked.

You can exclude folders from being scanned, and in a future version you will be able to add files and registry keys to ignore, so you can bypass detection prior to scanning.

Due to the way our definitions are architected - it is not practical to simply ignore a "family" as it could lead to actual "infections" being ignored - our typical user would not understand why an infection could not be removed.

We do however keep all suggestions on file and I appreciate you taking the time to provide your input!

I certainly do appreciate your responses and personal attention to my questions and suggestions. Keep up the good work and I hope the very best for SAS sostware.

I will keep on using it on my personal use PC's and of course on my work where I have faster connections. I did send a request via the software to check for some files unfamiliar to SAS. I'm still waiting on the response.

On the other hand I have been using the free version as I mentioned before and am glad about the future features you'll be having for SAS. Will these features be available on the free version or only on the paid version?

Do you have an online or printed listing of spyware/malware that SAS detects/blocks/quarantines/eliminates?

Thank you again for your prompt replies. I'll be looking forward to improvements on SAS.

I certainly do appreciate your responses and personal attention to my questions and suggestions. Keep up the good work and I hope the very best for SAS sostware.

I will keep on using it on my personal use PC's and of course on my work where I have faster connections. I did send a request via the software to check for some files unfamiliar to SAS. I'm still waiting on the response.

On the other hand I have been using the free version as I mentioned before and am glad about the future features you'll be having for SAS. Will these features be available on the free version or only on the paid version?

Do you have an online or printed listing of spyware/malware that SAS detects/blocks/quarantines/eliminates?

Thank you again for your prompt replies. I'll be looking forward to improvements on SAS.

We don't have an exact list, but you can see in our definition update history many of the items we do detect and remove here:

https://www.superantispyware.com/definit ... story.html

Some of the new features will only be available in the Professional version, but our list is not finalized as of yet, so I can't provide details.

As always, please let us know your suggestions and comments regarding SUPERAntiSpyware, and please tell your friends :)