mogojohn

BootSafe Question

I have a computer (Acer Aspire One with XP) that starts normally and has no problems but will not start in safe mode. (I get a blue screen with the message "Bad_Pool_Caller" from the driver "TDI.SYS"). If I was to use BootSafe and select one of the Safe modes, then reboot, I suspect that I would be permanently locked out normal mode of because I could not run bootsafe gain to tell it to start Windows normally. My only option would be to reinstall.

Is that correct?

I have a computer (Acer Aspire One with XP) that starts normally and has no problems but will not start in safe mode. (I get a blue screen with the message "Bad_Pool_Caller" from the driver "TDI.SYS"). If I was to use BootSafe and select one of the Safe modes, then reboot, I suspect that I would be permanently locked out normal mode of because I could not run bootsafe gain to tell it to start Windows normally. My only option would be to reinstall.

Is that correct?

You can download bootsafe here directly to your desktop. You may wish to try the Windows Repair option on the CD/DVD and see if that will resolve the other issue first.

Thank you. The Acer does not have a CD/DVD - it can only be reset to factory settings, and I may have to do that. My question was primarily about the operation of BootSafe if used on a computer that failed to start in safe mode.