d40_2008

Hi My first visit

I was quite impressed how SAS found some spy ware on my PC, then it removed it.

All of the orrible' little critters were removed except HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\FunWebProducts. This reg entry has defied all attempts to manually remove it, even when when I'm logged on as Administrator.

Any help please?

Thanks in advance

Dave

Hi all,

I've just tried RegAssassin and even with "all permissions" granted it cant delete the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\FunWebProducts file.

Has anbody else been in a similar situation ?

If so, would they be as kind to share their experience?

Thanks again

I am assuming that you are familiar with using Regedit on your Vista system when I offer this possible solution because it requires editing the registry. IF YOU ARE NOT Regedit savvy, then I do not recommend manually messing around with the registry. Also, this procedure may not work unless you are running Vista Business or Vista Ultimate.

The procedure below will change the Permissions for FunWebProducts to your user account and give you full control of that folder. You should then be able to delete it.

1. Open Regedit

2. Locate the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\FunWebProducts folder

3. Right click on FunWebProducts folder and select Permissions from the menu

4. Click on Advanced

5. Select the Owner tab

6. In the "Change owner to" window, highlight the one that is your personal user account.

7. Checkmark "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects"

8. Click on Apply. Your personal user account should now be in the Current Owner box.

9. Click on OK. You should now be back to the Security tab.

10. Click on OK

11. Again, right click on FunWebProducts folder and select Permissions from the menu

12. In the Group or user names: window, highlight the one that is your personal user account.

13. In the Permissions for (your user name), the Full Control and Read boxes should be checked under Allow. IF NOT, skip to step 17.

14. Click on OK to close the Permissions window.

15. Right click on the FunWebProducts folder and select Delete. Confirm the Delete. The FunWebProducts folder should disappear.

16. Close Regedit. The folder should now be gone and you are done.

17. If your user account does not have Full Control, click on Advanced

18. In the Permissions entries window, highlight the entry with your user account name.

19. Checkmark the box "Include inheritable permissions from this object's parent."

20. Click on Edit

21. In the Permissions window, check mark all the boxes under Allow

22. Check mark the box "Apply these permissions to objects and/or containers within this container only."

23. In the Apply to: window, it should be "This key and subkeys"

24. Click on OK.

25. Click on Apply and OK.

26. Click on Apply and OK.

27. Right click on the FunWebProducts folder and select Delete. Confirm the Delete. The FunWebProducts folder should disappear.

28. Close Regedit. The folder should now be gone and you are done.

Hi siliconman01

Sorry for the late reply :oops: I've been very busy at work !!! No, really.

I am very pleased to report that my PC is now free of FunWeb products.

It was just one folder but it really held up my old PC.

Thank you so much for your step by step on gaining permissions.................. It worked.

Thank you to everyone who replied to my problem.

Regards

Dave

You are most welcome. :)

That procedure should work for any of those "will not delete" registry keys that sometimes occur in your registry. It's a matter of taking ownership and giving permissions to that owner.

So, why does SAS not automatically do this procedure for you? Or at least notify you that the keys could not be deleted because of right-issues, instead of acting like it removed them? (but actually didn't)

Well, I already posted this issue on the forums here. If they want to make their product better, they should read this.

Tnx to you anyway for the solution, silliconman :)

We do read the forum, we have more advanced diagnostic abilities in our ticket system, that's why in cases such as this we want to run a diagnostic to best help our users.

i love superantispyware.

it's probably the best spyware scaned out the because today my computer can't go online n turn on kaspersky virus n windows firewall after scaned with superantispyware now online is fine n firewall works now

:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:idea::idea::idea::idea::arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: good scaned ware !!!!!