Charly

SUPERAntiSpyware Free - Intended Purpose?

It's been suggested that the authors of SUPERAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes have commented privately to a particular newsgroup/forum contributer (PA Bear [MS MVP]) that SAS and MBAM are not intended for keeping the free version installed.

Newsgroup:

microsoft.public.security.homeusers

Subject:

recommendations for free antivirus software (doneganw) 02-Feb-09 1:41:28 AM

Name:

PA Bear [MS MVP] 03-Feb-09 6:01:24 AM

...furthermore, the authors of MBAM did not intend users to keep the free version installed.

[unquote]

---and---

Newsgroup:

microsoft.public.security.homeusers

Subject:

infected too with proantivirus and accompanying trojans (doneganw) 21-Jan-09 2:20:36 AM

Name:

PA Bear [MS MVP]

There are free versions of MBAM & SAS. You didn't do anything wrong in using them. I simply don't recommend leaving them installed.

[unquote]

The author of MBAM already issued a rebuttal:

"This is completely false. We offer the free version everywhere and on purpose."

Marcin Kleczynski

Malwarebytes Corporation

http://www.malwarebytes.org

Would the author of SUPERAntiSpyware also please issue applicable comments and/or clarification.

TIA.

why would superantispyware offer a free version if they were not going to keep it free for those who want it this way?

Be thankful they do offer a free version. Most antispyware programs only offer a 14day or 30 day trial on their pro version. If they offered only a free version how the heck do you think they would stay in business?

robin

And why would you ask me this question and telling me what I might know already?

Suggest you re-read my post - carefully, cautiously and in a deliberate unhurried manner!

What's wrong with you guys; Are you having a comprehension problem?

If you'd read my post more carefully than it would be clear to you or any anybody else that I did not state anything! I relayed comments made by a newsgroup/fora contributer (PA Bear).

No different story - PA Bear was referring to MBAM and SAS and I am after clarifications.

And nobody is whispering, just visit the n/g as posted here!

PS: You can't be very intelligent.