AChung

Adware.MyWebSearch/FunWebProducts

My home PC is running Windows Vista Home Basic Service Pack 1 and has SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition 4.25.1012 (Core: 3741 and Trace: 1709) installed.

I have done a quick scan as well as a complete scan today, and both show an adware MyWebSearch/FunWebProducts existing in my PC. I did quarantine this adware, which is still detected after re-scanning.

I appreciate it much if any technical advice will be given so as to remove this adware.

AChung

"Adware.MyWebSearch/FunWebProducts" was finally removed from my PC. It seems that a system reboot was overlooked to take the removal into effect. Anyway, many thanks for your prompt response.

In the meantime, I wish that the scanning speed of SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition would be improved further. Obviously, a quick scan does take nearly an hour to complete, in addition to the deployment of much system resource. It really needs a lot of patience while scanning. Significantly, some programs are not able to run smoothly in the background.

AChung

Hello.

I am new to this forum and I would like to address the problem of Adware.MyWebSearch (31) not being removed after SAS scanning to remove all Adware.

The diagnostics that I have determined is that these Adware items occure in the first 30s. scan and are in Memory (1), Registry (27) and Files(3). SAS does, however, remove Adware.TrackingCookies after accessing the internet.

Not sure if the unremoveable Adware.MyWebSearch is part of SAS?. What is the function of Adware.MyWebSearch? Does it slow down PC response speed? Does it produce "Pop Up Ads"?

When free SAS was first installed this unremoveable Adware was not observed. Can any one help in resolving my question regarding Adware?

I have been running the same complete scan with my Superantispyware. The adware.mywebsearch/funwebproducts keeps popping up in the complete scan, even after the scanning, deleting, and rebooting. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is it going to mess up my computer if it stays on?

Please help.

Thanks,

Claire

Same problem here.

Even after scanning and quarantining in safe mode and then rebooting into safe mode, it still detects this spyware again and again and again.

What's up?

I have checked the remove-box and it tells me it needs a reboot to finish removing it. I have tried this a lot of times. I use a user with admin-rights. I don't see what I could be doing wrong. Please reply :)

I note that either a quick scan or a complete scan by SUPERAntiSpyware (SA) will detect Adware.MyWebSearch/FunWebProducts, should it exist in your PC.

From my past experience, I did a complete scan by SA without running others at the same time, except those real-time programs in the background. Let SA finish the scanning until a pop-up message will ask you to tick the Adware and remove it. Most importantly, there is another pop-up message asking you to restart your PC for completion of the removal. That's how I have this Adware removed successfully.

Recently, I have done a few complete scans by SA subsequent to the updated spyware/adware definitions and, fortunately, I do not find any recurrence of the said Adware.

AChung

I have not been able to remove the reg-keys. I have done a scan, it shows the results and asks me what I want to delete. I tick the regkeys, it starts removal, says I need to restart, I restart. After restart, the keys are there again.

Could someone from SAS please look into this? Check if it works okay for them?

Same problem here. I just scanned computer with SAS in safe mode but Adware.MyWebSearch/Funwebproducts is detected each time i reboot the computer (Delete on reboot). I also tried the link above but the registry items detected can't be removed manually.

Please, help. :roll:

I have run into the same issue.

For the last few days, to a week, I've been trying to clean my computer and rid it of the nasties I received recently.

I was advised to download this software, but no matter how many times I run it, and make sure the boxes are clicked, and then click next, and reboot, it never fails to not work.

If you click yes upon being told to reboot, it starts to shut down before the system is finished removing spyware. If you click the Adware.MyWebSearch/FunWebProducts box, which, by the way, automatically comes up as unchecked while the rest are checked, it reboots when you click NEXT in an obvious error, without removing a thing.

I am now apt to believe this is not an ANTI spyware at all, and rather just the opposite. :x

I am NOT amused.

hi everyone,

this is my first post and dont know wat im doing please help.

i have ran 3 full scans now and found adware mywebsearch,the first time it stoped and said not responding gave it time then had to shut down and restart.then reloaded the free version again that did the same.found this thread and done it in safe mode and the same thing has happened.

enyone with a little help would be aprecied thanks pete.

FWIW I'll chime in on this thread, too, since I had a routine SAS scan find MyWebSearch/Fun Web Products on my machine (in two registry keys). I let it QUARANTINE them and rebooted. Rescanning found the two reg entries again so I once again told SAS to quarantine them and rebooted as instructed. A third scan STILL showed the reg entries, so on this scan, I let SAS REMOVE them. But after this third attempt, the machine was unbootable! An attempt to do Last Known Good Configuration in Safe Mode resulted in the same: Windows would get to the blue Windows load screen and just stop. Ended up having to take the pc to a repair shop and have them format and clean install the operating system and drivers for me (I don't do that kind of stuff). The OS install was 4 years old and a good housecleaning was probably overdue anyway. SAS detection is clearly good, but it is disconcerting that SAS's attempt to clean this beastie resulted in an unbootable machine. This doesn't exactly impart product confidence for me. I think now I will always have uncertainty about the cleaning abilities of SAS.

Was there ever a final solution to this Adware.mywebsearch/funwebproducts deal. Is this even a serious threat? comes up in my scans too. As long as it not a keylogger or some kind of hi-jacker I dont care, it does not seem to affect my machine. Would appreciate a heads up on how to get it out though. Constantly scan, check, and reboot, still there.

I dont even know why, but this time it is gone. just scanned this morning and nothing. I also run the ad-aware anniversary free edition but that seems to miss some things. although not bad for a secondary anti-virus. Would still like to know if this adaware.myweb thing is a serious threat just due to the fact that this thing seems to be everywhere.