Makaveli

Adware.Vundo/Variant Blue Screen

A few hours ago today I did a complete scan and also came up with two adware.vundo/variants that I did not have before. I'm not sure exactly what the path was. I use comodo hips on paranoid, avast!, sandboxie, and have never gotten any viruses. I went through the process and SAS said it needed to restart to complete removal. It blinked blue screen during shutdown and now it goes through the vista loading bar and then blinks another blue screen and restarts. It does the same thing trying to get into safe mode. What do you recommend I do? I trusted SAS and now my only hope is the vista recovery cd or a reformat.

Sorry about the double post, but I am not sure if this is related to the other topic.

Just had the same problem. Booting with the vista install cd and selecting repair installation replaced the usp10.dll in the windows/system32 folder. My system works fine now again.

It was the most recent version as I updated it prior to scanning. I am back up and running thanks to the Vista Recovery Cd but I am disappointed that a SAS FP bsod my computer (including Safe Mode). I used to recommend it to friends and on various forums such as Wilders, but I am not sure how I feel about it anymore.

It was the most recent version as I updated it prior to scanning. I am back up and running thanks to the Vista Recovery Cd but I am disappointed that a SAS FP bsod my computer (including Safe Mode). I used to recommend it to friends and on various forums such as Wilders, but I am not sure how I feel about it anymore.

I am sorry because of a single false positive you can't recommend our product - every anti-spyware / virus scanner on the market has had a false positive, we corrected ours in mere hours after discovery. AVG, McAfee, Norton, MBAM, AdAware, etc. have ALL had serious false positives that caused much more "damage" than anything we have ever done.