DaveHorne

need Administrator level to update?

I purchased SAS for my home computer and my wife's laptop. My wife's laptop now gives me the message that I need to be at an Administrator level to update.

What hoops must I jump through? Thanks, Dave Horne

I have a very similar problem. After Vista has been in sleep mode, I get a box saying there is an update available. When click to update, I also get the "need administrator level to update". However, I don't have to reboot to update. I just bring up SAS and update manually. Although twice it has happened after my scheduled scan overnight and when I start un the morning I get the message but when I try manual update it tells me there is no update. Not a drastic problem but would be nice to have it fixed.

I am getting this error now, I have rebooted and manually checked for update but get the same error

"The update must be done from an account with Administrator privileges."

This is damn annoying, is there anyway to fix this? I know I can manually visit the webpage, download SAS Pro, uninstall the old one, reboot, reinstall the new one, reboot, re-enter my reg key. But that is so long winded, shouldn't the update do just that, update itself without me jumping through hoops everytime?

FYI current version I am running is 4.25.1012 under Vista Ultimate 32bit.

Thanks for the quick reply, I will use that now but obviously won't be able to check it works until the next update :) That said, is there any solution to the not able to update issue?

That should do it for you. If you're logged in as an administrator, and you get that error message when you try to update, that solution should address permission anomalies.

OK Thankyou, I will report back here when the next update is released whether or not it works :)

I have tried this link 3 times and still with the same outcome...it reverts back to the trial version and I have to activate. I've activated my subsciption over a half-dozen times already.

Any other pearls of wisdom?