Hayliesmom

virus scan causes system shutdown

I have been using SAS for quite awhile. I have the free version. I checked for upgrades today... yet whenever i run a virus scan, as soon as it picks up that i have this

Adware.Vundo Variant/Rel

my computer shuts down.

FIrst i see a blue screen that is saying some sort of error, but it disappears too quickly and the computer is off and then reboots itself. When it goes to start back up, it has alot of trouble and I end up having to shut it down and restart it about 2 times before everything starts up as normal. All of these problems started about 5 hours ago, when I my firewall started blocking programs.

I have been able to delete this adware several times by staring at my virus scan and hitting next before the error comes up, but as soon as I reboot it (which u must do to delete it) the problem is back.

I am pretty ignorant when it comes to computer speak, so if anyone can help me and talk to me like I'm 5 to fix this, I'd appreciate it.

so I deleted my free edition and now have the trial pro edition. It was able to get further into the scan then before, but it is still shutting my computer down before the virus scan is finished. Does anyone have any answers?

So ive tried SAS and stuff and it doesnt turn off now, but it runs WAY slower, and sometimes i cant even access the toolbar, uve run the sas pro, what else can i do??

I have same problem as Haliesmom, am computer illiterate, after loading free version of Superantispyware same harmful virus detected in scan Adware Vundo/variant..seconds later shutdown.Done it 3x. Went to forum looked at

a)running in Safe mode? how do you do this?

b)says use pre releases, but unsure whether 32bit or 64 bit thanks for any help

I have same problem as Haliesmom, am computer illiterate, after loading free version of Superantispyware same harmful virus detected in scan Adware Vundo/variant..seconds later shutdown.Done it 3x. Went to forum looked at

a)running in Safe mode? how do you do this?

b)says use pre releases, but unsure whether 32bit or 64 bit thanks for any help

Both 32bit and 64bit are contained within the installer.

1. Please Start a scan in Safe mode

2. Click Start and then click Shut Down.

3. In the drop-down list of the Shut Down Windows dialog box, click Restart, and then click OK.

4. As your computer restarts but before Windows launches, press F8.

On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press F8 when the boot menu appears.

5. Use the arrow keys to highlight the appropriate safe mode option, and then press ENTER.

6. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot system, choose the installation that you need to access using the arrow keys, and then press ENTER.