alisu

SAS disappears from systray

I have been using SuparAntiSpyware Professional registered version for about 15 days. I have had an occasional problem since the day I bought SAS. (I use XP Pro and Internet Explorer 7, and I do NOT use Windows Defender) When I come on the SAS icon in the sytem tray with my mouse pointer, the SAS icon disappears.

When I click the SAS shortcut icon on the DESKTOP, the SAS Window does NOT open, but the SAS icon re-appears in the systray again. However, the SAS icon sometimes disappears or does not disappear when I come on the SAS icon with my mouse pointer. When the SAS icon disappears, it is not possible to use the SAS.

This problem occured about 7-8 times in 15 days. I don't know if SAS protects my computer during this malfunction.

Any suggestions about this malfunction will be highly appreciated.

If I cannot resolve this issue, I plan to try AD-AWARE or MALADWAREBYTES-ANTI MALWARE.

Do you have any experience with these softwares ? Do you have any other suggestions ?

I use an old version of Norton Internet Security and I plan to use Norton Internet Security (NIS) 2009.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Ali

I have the same disappearing icon issue going on with SAS Pro. I do think SAS is still protecting me but not certain. I've just been going in to start - programs and opening the program there and then simply minimizing the display to the taskbar just so that I know its working.

Try logging out and then log back in. Does the SAS icon now appear?

Icons disappearing randomly from the XP Notification Tray has been an issue with XP since day one. And there has never been a "fix" developed/issued that works on all systems. The problem frequently occurs on systems that load a lot of programs during the reboot. Staging the startup programs significantly reduces the occurrence.

Also, turning off First Chance on startup may reduce the occurrence because it reduces the SAS activity on startup.

My bug has been rock solid stable ever since I spoke up. If it happens again I'll check to see if its still running. I also have XP. I've experimented with R-Studios -startup delayer. Need to work with it some more as my experience was not so great. I think I went just a bit obsessive with security programs and had too many starting and running. SAS is a keeper for me. I uninstalled a couple of programs I thought I couldn't live without and now the computer is much improved and 0 detections for some time now except for a false detection from another product that I can't live without. Or maybe I can.