ePost

Reset Hosts File

Is it possible to add this new feature to the repair section in SUPERAntiSpyware? I never added anything to my Hosts File myself but Malicious programs might easily have done it for me. And even if Malware didn't make any changes - strange things sometimes happen anyway. I make mistakes as a user - we all do. So I thought it would be nice to have an option to click a repair option inside SAS and get a fine clean and brand new Hosts File that way.

I think I would have the courage to use the Hosts File as an intelligent way of blocking dirty sites if I new that SUPERAntiSpyware could help me reset the Hosts File if I messed up. If I forgot to choose "Save as" for example...

Am I wrong to assume that it actually would be quite easy for SUPERAntiSpyware to delete the old mess that users or Malware made and replace it with a Windows standard Hosts File? Just replacing the damaged file with a new correct version?

Am I wrong to assume that it actually would be quite easy for SUPERAntiSpyware to delete the old mess that users or Malware made and replace it with a Windows standard Hosts File? Just replacing the damaged file with a new correct version?

That is actually not correct - some people/companies/users modify the hosts file for their own use - there is no "standard" version.

Actually, I knew that. That is why I thought, that there was a need for my suggestion. To reset the hosts file to the version, one would get if the PC was completely reformatted and all programs reinstalled. :mrgreen: An option to go back to square one...