mogojohn

Registering free edition fails

Hi

I had SAS free version installed and was very impressed with it, so I have just purchased SAS Professional and the download screen said that if I had already installed SAS that all I had to do was enter the rego key and activate and I would have the Professional version.

So I did that and it registered OK BUT The Start Menu shortcut and desktop icon still said "SAS free edition".

To fix it, I had to uninstall SAS free edition, download SAS professional and install it.

Suggest instructions are a bit clearer on download screen.

Thanks

John

Hi

I had SAS free version installed and was very impressed with it, so I have just purchased SAS Professional and the download screen said that if I had already installed SAS that all I had to do was enter the rego key and activate and I would have the Professional version.

So I did that and it registered OK BUT The Start Menu shortcut and desktop icon still said "SAS free edition".

To fix it, I had to uninstall SAS free edition, download SAS professional and install it.

Thanks

John

The registration does unlock the real-time protection, scheduled scanning and first chance prevention - we cannot change the shortcuts unfortunately once they are installed by the Windows installer - but the product does "convert" to the Professional once registrated.

Thanks for the explanation. I think that this information should be included on the download instructions page when someone buys SAS Pro.

John

Hi

Thanks

John

The registration does unlock the real-time protection, scheduled scanning and first chance prevention - we cannot change the shortcuts unfortunately once they are installed by the Windows installer - but the product does "convert" to the Professional once registrated.