Sign in to follow this  
Hoopster1

How do I remove the seneka trojan?

I used SAS but that detected adware. I aslo have stopzilla which detected the seneka tojan but after I remove it, it comes back. Its only happened in the last week, I scanned for viruses last sunday and there was nothing. I checked again on Thursday and it was there, so I scanned yesterday and it was back and it returns very time after I've removed it.

Its in the registry key and the location is hkus\s-1-5-21-2449747269-3634026426-620652438-1000\software\appdatalow

I don't know if this is helpful or not.

I am pretty clueless when it comes to computers, so any help would be much appreciated.

Please submit a customer service request by right clicking the task bar and select Contact customer service :)

I have the same problem Hoopster1. It started last week, detected only by Stopzilla. Everything's identical to your post. Other scanners including SAS show a clean computer. I've tried twice to contact Stopzilla via live chat but no answer. I'm inclined to believe it's a false detection but I hope to read more on this thread.

I contacted stopzilla via their live chat and they've given me some instructions to follow, I haven't done this yet but I'll reply and let you know if its worked. At this point my gut feeling is that it won't.

You're right about STOPzilla, Elite Killer. Now that I've discovered forums, maybe I won't have to learn everything OJT. I've been trying numerous anti-spy programs to learn first hand what is good. You get to appreciate very quickly the honest programs like SAS. I've tried to like STOPzilla because I paid for it, but I finally uninstalled it last night because it WOULD NOT let me install a program. It immediately quaranteened it and there appears to be no way to simply enable the program as accepted. Enough already. Goodby STOPzilla.