cgebert

The System Administrator Has Set Policies to Prevent...

I am removing viruses and spyware from a Windows XP Home SP3 box. I would like to use SUPERAntiSpyware because it is more thorough than other tools. When I tried install SUPERAntiSpyware, it showed this error message in a popup: "The System Administrator Has Set Policies to Prevent This Installation" Most of the postings to fix this refer to Group Policy Editor, which doesn't exist in XP Home. Others refer to the DisableMSI registry key, which isn't the problem in this case. I've tried the Microsoft Windows Installer CleanUp Utility. It won't run either. It gives the same error message as SUPERAntiSpyware, when I try to install it. I tried to run them as owner and administrator. Any ideas?

I have the same problem . I asked support and I was referred to the FAQs page . You are correct . They have the fix for Vista Pro and Group Editing but , not for XP Home . Or , for Vista Home . Figured I would come in here to look for help . Glad to see someone else saw this and it is not just me .

I have also run into this on a heavily infected machine (antivirus 2009 and more). It seems to be a new attack method, and I noticed it targeted at sas and the windows installer repair tools. I followed directions on the web and deleted all the policy registry keys and even the windows installer guid keys, and was still unable to install those.

It would help if someone could make a VM and compare states before and after this problem comes up and get a fix out for it.

I have also run into this on a heavily infected machine (antivirus 2009 and more). It seems to be a new attack method, and I noticed it targeted at sas and the windows installer repair tools. I followed directions on the web and deleted all the policy registry keys and even the windows installer guid keys, and was still unable to install those.

It would help if someone could make a VM and compare states before and after this problem comes up and get a fix out for it.

What directions have you followed on the web? I have spent nearly 2 days now trying to clean up a nasty program called Spyware Guard 2009. I finally decided to install superantispyware and I keep getting "The System Administrator Has Set Policies To Prevent..." message. I am about ready to SCREAM! I cannot get the superantispyware exe to run because of this message.