jgt1942

Update more automatic

I'd like to see the update feature more automatic. I have selected the options in the control panel but what I'd also like to have as an option is to automatically check and install updates. I would guess that there are three types of updates (1) virus signature (these should not require a reboot), (2) application updates that don't require a reboot and (3) application updates that require a reboot. Now I don't want the update to automatically boot my system but I do want a notice if a reboot is necessary. Like the icon in the systray could change color (red) if an update has been applied and a reboot is necessary to complete the process.

I'd like to see the update feature more automatic. I have selected the options in the control panel but what I'd also like to have as an option is to automatically check and install updates. I would guess that there are three types of updates (1) virus signature (these should not require a reboot), (2) application updates that don't require a reboot and (3) application updates that require a reboot. Now I don't want the update to automatically boot my system but I do want a notice if a reboot is necessary. Like the icon in the systray could change color (red) if an update has been applied and a reboot is necessary to complete the process.

Thank you for your suggestion :) It is on our wish-list for a future version :)