SAS - Windows 7

Is there a timeline for possible release for Windows 7 ?

I have attempted to install 4.22. 1014, 4.23.1006 and 4.24.0.1044

BSOD follows every install, SASKutil.sys

Compatibility to Xp and Vista do not help.

Is there a timeline for possible release for Windows 7 ?

I have attempted to install 4.22. 1014, 4.23.1006 and 4.24.0.1044

BSOD follows every install, SASKutil.sys

Compatibility to Xp and Vista do not help.

When Windows 7 is closer to release we'll be working on it.

I guess this answers my question here...I have W7 on my machine and tried to install with the same results...blue screens, reboots, etc.

Can't get it to run. Too bad...I was hoping for a work around or something here.

Hi ... I have W7 64 beta 1 and I have super version 4, 24, 0, 1004 install without any problems

hey you do not like the "beta" as your background? whatsmatter! you do not like pretty fish?

I have one that is real and looks very similar to that one :)

robin

LOL ... I like what W7 has beside the fish ... I don't get it , it working on my computer and I just uninstalled that version for the latest and it still working . If you guys like I can post another photo to show ?

I was hoping to find a workable way to get SAS to successfully install and work without the BSOD in Windows7 32Bit. If the workaround nullifies the ability for this tool to do what it has been designed to do then what is the point?

As noted, when windows 7 is out of beta, SAS will be ready or soon after, trying to fully support beta software is like a cat chasing its tail , Thanks for understanding :)

There's a workaround for 32 bit Win7 Beta.

go to C:/Program Files/SuperAntiSpyware. Find the SuperAntiSpyware exe and right click.

Near the top select "troubleshoot compatibility". Click next . When the next box appears, click on "the program worked in an earlier version of windows...". Click next. Then select windows xp. Follow through and SAS will work.

I also deleted the desktop shortclut that was placed at installation. Then I went directly to the sas.exe in program files, right clicked and sent it to desktop. The icon shows up and the program works.

Windows 7 will remember the settings and SAS will be accessible from the desktop thereafter.

Whenever I start my Windows 7 it comes up and says loading windows for first use and asks for my product key. Then it displays my desktop correctly and crashes with BSOD and saskutil.sys as the offender before I can kill SAS. When I reboot, I have to resupply the product code and it goes through this endless loop. How can I stop it from loading SAS and let Windows 7 complete its setup?

Thanks,

Terry

I fixed this by doing a System Restore to before SAS was installed. Alternatively you could try Uninstalling using Add/Remove or the SAS removal tool in Safe Mode.

Unfortunately, when the BSOD kicks me out, the install sequence starts all over and will not allow me to enter safe mode, because it "thinks" it has not finished installing Windows 7 and re-asks me to supply the product key etc. Once the desktop comes up, can I invoke the task manager to stop the current process?

Thanks,

Terry

Probably not. You must have installed SAS before Windows Setup phase had completed, unless there is some other W7 setup problem on your computer. I would reinstall Windows 7 and don't install SAS on it.

But you could try the W7 Beta forums and ask there.. they may be able to suggest a workaround.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/For ... y/w7itpro/

John