Sign in to follow this  
Daveski17

How often does SuperAntiSpyware update?

I am using the freeware version of SAS & wondered how often it should be updated. I understand it has to be updated regularly to make it so efficient. How often would you recommend me to update? I tend to do it everyday & before a weekly full scan. Is this enough? I like to do a full scan weekly (or at least fortnightly) as I just don't trust Spybot anymore. Spybot missed a trojan that SAS found & removed from my system. Ever since this, I have been a tad paranoid. I only really like the Immuniser on Spybot anyway (primarily for the Opera browser). I would just like to say that SAS was the first anti-malware programme that I ever used & it has been the only one to have always worked perfectly & never to have given me any trouble.

Yeah, I reckon I am more or less going about it the right way. There is so much malware about these days you would be crazy to have no really effective anti-malware installed. I am seriously considering buying the pro-version. I believe Spybot is getting an extensive upgrade soon. I still wouldn't swap it for SAS though. I even had a look at AdAware as well. It just didn't seem to work properly & I got a load of false positives so I had to uninstall it. SAS takes some beating in my opinion.