Syb

anti virus vs superanti

Hiya,

in the "old" days i always ran an antivirus program and an anti spyware program as i believed they did different things eg they didnt scan for both virus's AND spyware and vica versa, BUT have been testing superantispyware alongside anti virus programs such as NOD32 and Kaspersky, and am finding SAS picks up infections even tho the other programs say system is clean, so do I really need an antivirus program as well as SAS ?

Rgds

Syb

SuperAntiSpyware does not protect against viruses, so yes you need other protection aswell. Though if you use SAS Pro and other realtime malware scanners (pretty sure Nod32 has one for example), i suggest disabling one of them, as 2 realtime malware protectionprograms isn't recommended. Nod32 and SAS free on the other hand, works fine without problems.

SuperAntiSpyware does not protect against viruses, so yes you need other protection aswell. Though if you use SAS Pro and other realtime malware scanners (pretty sure Nod32 has one for example), i suggest disabling one of them, as 2 realtime malware protectionprograms isn't recommended. Nod32 and SAS free on the other hand, works fine without problems.

I disagree. Running two real-time AV's is frowned upon, but having a real-time AV+AS is more than acceptable. SAS does not conflict with any real-time (resident) AV w/ built in AS detection. In fact you'll find numerous folks who have SAS Pro w/ real-time and FCP enabled alongside NOD32, ESS, Avira Premium, Norton, Kaspersky, Dr.Web, etc.

I agree with elitekiller

running 2 antispware programs are not a problem and for scanning just make sure you have them scan at different times and also give them at least 2 hours between them so they do not overlap.

Running two antivirus programs are a big no no- they will surely crash and fight each other.

robin