Hcw87

SuperAntiSpyware.exe not responding on PC shutdown/reboot.

I have SAS free installed on 2 pc's and i have the same problem on both. Every time i'm rebooting/shutting down, i get a window popup telling me that ''SuperAntiSpyware.exe is not responding''. This has been happening for as long as i can remember now. It's not a huge problem, but i guess it's a bug and hopefully it'll get fixed.

SuperAntiSpyware version: 4.23.1006

I have SAS free installed on 2 pc's and i have the same problem on both. Every time i'm rebooting/shutting down, i get a window popup telling me that ''SuperAntiSpyware.exe is not responding''. This has been happening for as long as i can remember now. It's not a huge problem, but i guess it's a bug and hopefully it'll get fixed.

SuperAntiSpyware version: 4.23.1006

What other security software are you running? Are you running AVG by chance? Something is blocking our product from exiting.

A good way to check is to temporarily remove(uninstall) what you think is blocking it and repeat the rebooting /shutdown and see if that cures the problem :)

A good way to check is to temporarily remove(uninstall) what you think is blocking it and repeat the rebooting /shutdown and see if that cures the problem :)

I did that on my test computer. I removed the aviria free and the only thing that is starting up is superantispyware free and it is still hanging on restart or shutdown.

This is a random thing on some computers and not on others. I have seen this so far on 10 computers not related to each other. some are running avg, some avira. And i have seen them on other computers that have both and it shuts down fine, so there is a bug somewhere.

robin

I had to reinstall the O/S on one of my pc's that had this problem (SP3). I had no problems (not really a problem, more like a glitch) on shutting down with just SP2 installed.

As soon as SP3 is fully installed, glitch returns. I have Avira installed and have used three different firewalls and still same glitch, I feel it must be something in SP3 that is causing it, or at least in combination with something else.

All I know is that when I shut down with just SP2 installed this anomaly was absent...SP3 installed, it returns...strange.

cheers

tom

I did that on my test computer. I removed the aviria free and the only thing that is starting up is superantispyware free and it is still hanging on restart or shutdown.

This is a random thing on some computers and not on others. I have seen this so far on 10 computers not related to each other. some are running avg, some avira. And i have seen them on other computers that have both and it shuts down fine, so there is a bug somewhere.

robin

btw all of them are running xp sp3

robin