Sign in to follow this  
chismaneric

SAS Freezes

Hi I'm running Vista, and I was so impressed by SAS performance that I bought a lifetime subscription.

Not for long that is. Now I run SAS and it freezes everytime. First, it froze on windows prefetch, so

I cleaned that directory. Then it froze on temporary internet explorer files, so I cleaned THAT directory.

Now I've tried immediately after it found the first Trojan to click through next. Then it freezes again.

I will go and try reinstalling SAS, but I have little hope that it will work. Nonetheless, there IS a trojan

downloader on my system. What to do?

First of all. Bootsafe doesn't work. Choosing safe reboot ends in a normal boot of Vista. Second. Holding down F8 while booting brings

Vista into safe mode, but the problem mentioned remains. A spyware program is detected, the program runs until it enters the prefetch

folder and then turns into non-responding mode. If next is pushed right after the spyware program is detected, it turns into non-responding

mode immediately.

I've scanned the disk folder by folder (tedious), isolated the problem and removed the spyware downloader (Gen/A). I also noticed that

I'm left only three restore points (all stemming from last night). This of course does not have to be related, but could be. I'm now rerunning

SAS to see if it also freezes with the threat removed. After all, it might be just a bug in SAS.