Sign in to follow this  
davelees

Adware Vundo Variant

SuperAntiSpyware keeps picking up a Adware Vundo Variant and saying that it will delete the issue and that the system needs to be rebooted by when I scan again it still finds it?

Here is my latest log file:

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log

https://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 12/13/2008 at 08:18 AM

Application Version : 4.23.1006

Core Rules Database Version : 3674

Trace Rules Database Version: 1653

Scan type : Quick Scan

Total Scan Time : 00:29:55

Memory items scanned : 429

Memory threats detected : 0

Registry items scanned : 634

Registry threats detected : 3

File items scanned : 26119

File threats detected : 0

Adware.Vundo Variant

HKCR\CLSID\{EC43E3FD-5C60-46A6-97D7-E0B85DBDD6C4}

HKCR\CLSID\{EC43E3FD-5C60-46A6-97D7-E0B85DBDD6C4}\InprocServer32

HKCR\CLSID\{EC43E3FD-5C60-46A6-97D7-E0B85DBDD6C4}\InprocServer32#ThreadingModel

Any ideas?

Thanks

I'll jump in though as a novice only to direct you to the earlier thread that I started with the same subject. If you go through that thread you'll see some of the responses given by the moderators and other people kind enough to offer advice. Once I had installed the latest version of SAS, the one you're using, it appears from the last advice given that I had a rootkit. Never got a response to my last query but from what I was able to research on the web a lot of advice said the only way to ensure that you removed this from your system was to wipe it clean and reinstall windows.

People a lot more technically proficient than me could probably accomplish the same effect with the antirootkit tools out there, but from what I saw in various forums a lot of experts said even those tactics couldn't give you complete assurance.

All that being said I would certainly wait until one of the moderators or more knowledgeable people on these boards weighed in before you took any steps. I just wanted to make sure you had seen my thread since no one had responded to your's.

Good luck.