Legendkiller

Problems With SAS 3.3 Free

Hi,

I have been experiencing slow start-up of my computer ever since installing SAS 3.3 yesterday.

Its quite strange though since the free version doesn't have the real time scanner.

It also caused a few hang-ups here and there with IE7,even when i was changing some of its properties..

everything seemed to have fallen in place after i un-installed it.

I am using kaspersky internet suite 2006 on my pc.

Hello Legendkiller, I too have noticed that SAS does slow the loading process of Windows XP regardless of the free or Pro version. In my experience, I've noticed it when the "Windows is starting up...." box appears. It hangs briefly, then continues normally. I also use KIS 6. The delay symptom happens regardless of Kaspersky loading during bootup or not. Other than the slight delay, I've had no problems. :)

The delay you are experiencing is the First Chance scanning which scans critical start up locations as your system starts and/or shuts down. If you want to disable that I can send you a .REG file to do that - our next version will allow the Free Edition to disable the First Chance scanning.

The delay you are experiencing is the First Chance scanning which scans critical start up locations as your system starts and/or shuts down. If you want to disable that I can send you a .REG file to do that - our next version will allow the Free Edition to disable the First Chance scanning.

plz do send that file