Sign in to follow this  
robotdg

Scheduled Scans -- How do I set which Drives?

I just started using SAS -- when I do a manual scan it allows me to select which drives I want scanned -- this is great.

But I can't figure out where I can set which drives should be scanned for an automatic scan -- where can I specify which drives I won't scanned during my scheduled scan?

Also, I noticed that the logfiles don't include the information of which drives were scanned -- I thought that was weird/surprising... am I missing that information somewhere?

thanks for any info!

- Go to Preferences>Scanning Control tab

- Click on the "Manage Excluded Folders" hot button

From there, you can Add disks and/or individual folders on a disk that you want EXCLUDED during scheduled scanning.

Note that disks and folders that you put in EXCLUDED will also be excluded when you perform a "Perform Complete Scan" manual scan through Scan your Computer.

However, you can set up a Custom Scan that permits to override the EXCLUDED disks and folders so that you have one set of parameters for scheduled scans and another for Custom Scans. In the Custom Scan, you can also add scanning of Memory, Registry, Startup Locations, and Cookies + the Selected folders. Keep in mind that a Selected folder can also be an entire disk such as D:\

HTH

Thanks for the reply --

So I am assuming from your reply that a scheduled scan will scan EVERY drive attached to the computer? Since the only thing I can do is "exclude" drives?

I have 4 different external USB drives generally always attached and running -- will SAS scan these drives during its scheduled scan? I wish when I looked at the logfile I could see which drives it scanned... then I would know for sure that the scheduled scans were doing what i need them to do...

So I am assuming from your reply that a scheduled scan will scan EVERY drive attached to the computer? Since the only thing I can do is "exclude" drives?

That is correct. If the USB drives are on when the scheduled scan occurs, it will scan them unless you exclude them via what I stated above. This is assuming that you said the scheduled scan is to be a Complete Scan when you were doing the scheduling.

Of course you can schedule a Custom Scan and set up the custom scan parameters to include only the disks you want scanned. This will accomplish the same goal as well.