Millsy

Did anyone else think SAS was fake at first?

Guys. I gotta say. SAS saved my bacon, and it's fixed so many other computers that nothing else could even touch, I really have to thank you.

But good grief. I have such a hard time getting other computer geeks to even download it. Your website sets off ALL the "boy this looks like a scam" radar detectors in everyone I show it. I literally have to "no no, I ASSURE you it's not malware"

Some people try it out, but they sandbox it first, no one trusts it.

Your website, the bright yellow, "OMG ONE DAY SALE" and hell.. even the name. I mean I wouldn't have downloaded it without recommendations from a forum I trust.

I suppose this not trusting it might be a good thing in one respect, it does mean people take precautions they probably should be taking with everything anyway. But it's gotta be holding growth!

Guys. I gotta say. SAS saved my bacon, and it's fixed so many other computers that nothing else could even touch, I really have to thank you.

But good grief. I have such a hard time getting other computer geeks to even download it. Your website sets off ALL the "boy this looks like a scam" radar detectors in everyone I show it. I literally have to "no no, I ASSURE you it's not malware"

Some people try it out, but they sandbox it first, no one trusts it.

Your website, the bright yellow, "OMG ONE DAY SALE" and hell.. even the name. I mean I wouldn't have downloaded it without recommendations from a forum I trust.

I suppose this not trusting it might be a good thing in one respect, it does mean people take precautions they probably should be taking with everything anyway. But it's gotta be holding growth!

The rogue products/companies copy the legit companies, so there is really no escape from people not trusting. We have changed the entire site design and it looks nothing like any of the rogue sites, but here we are again..... :)

It's not so much they are copying you, or you them. It's just some of the things come off as very un-professional. or even 'cheesy'

Like this ad, it looks like something someone whipped up in 5 minutes, and just gives an impression that it's a scam. I'd expect to see this ad for 'honest bobs used cars'.

[attachment=0]screenshot_03.png[/attachment]

I don't know all the answers. But myself, I'd start marketting SUPERAntiSpyware as just "S.A.S" or something. Maybe a bad idea. But for sure, update the logo and get some better quality ads :P

It's not so much they are copying you, or you them. It's just some of the things come off as very un-professional. or even 'cheesy'

Like this ad, it looks like something someone whipped up in 5 minutes, and just gives an impression that it's a scam. I'd expect to see this ad for 'honest bobs used cars'.

I don't know all the answers. But myself, I'd start marketting SUPERAntiSpyware as just "S.A.S" or something. Maybe a bad idea. But for sure, update the logo and get some better quality ads :P

Well, thanks for the suggestions, but with over 12 million users, I think we are far from a "scam". :) You would be surprised at the reality of what works and doesn't work in advertising. What user's don't understand is that if we don't make money, there is no free edition at all......

I'd rather the time and effort such a company puts forth be spent fighting malware, improving the product and improving detection of new threats than worry about how it's advertised or what the web site looks like. Those who know use products like SAS, those who don't can stick with their yearly dues for SpySweeper or Spyware Doctor. I don't give a hoot about gui when it comes to security, for me it's all about effectiveness and anyone who's familiar enough with rogues to realize any commonality between the looks of SAS and rogue software would also be aware that SAS is far from rogue and comes highly recommended by security experts all around the net.

Fair enough. That's a really good point.

Well, thanks for the suggestions, but with over 12 million users, I think we are far from a "scam". :) You would be surprised at the reality of what works and doesn't work in advertising. What user's don't understand is that if we don't make money, there is no free edition at all......

I saw some rogue antispyware claiming they have 36 million satisfied costumers :lol:

I saw some rogue antispyware claiming they have 36 million satisfied costumers :lol:

Of course you did :)