No and I don't see a method from within the program to upload a false positive so I'm guessing it's only available AFTER a scan. Will try to do that tomorrow if I get time.

Thanks.

Well I would submit the file but sorry to say that I don't like your "Report False Positive" method.

You demand an email address (not so bad and I can do that, though not sure what is wrong with Anonymous as most others in this type of business allow anonymous reporting), but you then popup a dialog box and ask me to input why I think you should not detect it. If that was all there was to it then I see no reason why I can't do it here on the forum as I've already done, but you send a report of data from my system without showing me or telling me that you're going to do or what you're going to send. Sorry, but to me that is not appreciated at all and is just plain wrong. You write software to stop unsolicited information being transmitted, we use firewalls to stop similar activity, but yet you write the interface so that I have no option to say YES/NO or SHOW me what will be sent like most other applications do.

I'm sure you will not be changing your software just because of my dislike which is okay, I sent the report, but I won't be sending other FP this way, I'll just ignore them from now on until such a time comes that maybe you revisit your policies on the submission method currently used. For me it's a matter of principals and not really what you're collecting, just the fact you don't tell the user or offer them the option to OPT OUT.

Well I would submit the file but sorry to say that I don't like your "Report False Positive" method.

You demand an email address (not so bad and I can do that, though not sure what is wrong with Anonymous as most others in this type of business allow anonymous reporting), but you then popup a dialog box and ask me to input why I think you should not detect it. If that was all there was to it then I see no reason why I can't do it here on the forum as I've already done, but you send a report of data from my system without showing me or telling me that you're going to do or what you're going to send. Sorry, but to me that is not appreciated at all and is just plain wrong. You write software to stop unsolicited information being transmitted, we use firewalls to stop similar activity, but yet you write the interface so that I have no option to say YES/NO or SHOW me what will be sent like most other applications do.

I'm sure you will not be changing your software just because of my dislike which is okay, I sent the report, but I won't be sending other FP this way, I'll just ignore them from now on until such a time comes that maybe you revisit your policies on the

submission method currently used. For me it's a matter of principals and not really what you're collecting, just the fact you don't tell the user or offer them the option to OPT OUT.

It's sending the file in question, and our own database information that has nothing to do with the user or their system. We ask for an e-mail address so we can contact people for additional information if needed.

...it's principle by the way...... :)

Thanks, yes principle is correct - what can I say, it was late and I'm not an English Major :lol:

I never said you were sending any private information. I'm just saying you don't say or show what you're sending from within the program, which makes it a bit disconcerting is all. I know you're a very legitimate program and you're not doing anything wrong, just curious why you choose not to show or inform the user is all.

Thanks, yes principle is correct - what can I say, it was late and I'm not an English Major :lol:

I never said you were sending any private information. I'm just saying you don't say or show what you're sending from within the program, which makes it a bit disconcerting is all. I know you're a very legitimate program and you're not doing anything wrong, just curious why you choose not to show or inform the user is all.

Your complaint is really the only one we've had on this subject, but I understand and respect your concerns.

I'm sure you will not be changing your software just because of my dislike which is okay, I sent the report, but I won't be sending other FP this way, I'll just ignore them from now on until such a time comes that maybe you revisit your policies on the submission method currently used. For me it's a matter of principals and not really what you're collecting, just the fact you don't tell the user or offer them the option to OPT OUT.

Okay, I don't know how much you really care about what I am going to say here but I am sorry I just have to

spit it out. Now, no offense to you "AdvancedSetup" but :shock: "WOW!" :shock: is what I thought when

I read that post of yours. I read that post and thought to myself: "Self, just look at that person. That person is

someone whom has ALOT to hide. He must either have a boat-load illegal stuff on his computer or SOMETHING

really bad to even be worrying about that kind of thing." Correct meif I am wrong but for someone to consider

themselves highly technical enough to name themself "AdvanceSetup" wouldn't one tend to think that the person

naming themself that wouldn't have to worry about an anti-spyware program snooping through his computer? No,

forget that. But wouldn't "AdvancedSetup" be advanced enough to keep personal things that he didn't want to be compromised on the internet in any way, shape or form at least be wise enough to store all of that media, data,

etc. on a separate removable drive and have a really good registry history cleaner cleanup the registry before

uploading any such findings to SAS or anyone else that asks for this type of data? :roll:

These people here are NOT trying to snoop through your PC. If they wanted to do that they could have secretly

included a hidden "VNC" or some other type of remote viewer and just programmed it right into their software.

So get a grip, loosen up and relax. I can assure you that they are here for one purpose and one purpose only -

TO HELP, NOT HURT, YOU! :D

Like I said in the beginning, I am not trying to offend you so please don't take it in that way. Just trying to

maybe shed a new light in your direction. :D

Thank-you all for reading and thanks for your time.

Mike aka "BigPapaJackaL" to all my little guys :lol: