Doh!man

This program restarted my computer, didn't save my open docs

For some reason, your program didn't save my documents, now I have to redo 3 hours of work in Excel and Word. Is there any way to recover the files? I know it wasn't smart that I didn't save all the time but it sure as hell would have been smarter if you saved the open documents, BEFORE SHUTTING DOWN!

I hate redoing things I've already done, so I hope you have a solution. AVG also detects your program as a virus, don't support that by deleting peoples documents, please.

Anyone who spends over 15 min. in any office app should back up in the event of an unexpected shutdown or reboot. To wait 3 hours and then blame SAS sounds more like the PEBKAC. In my lengthy experience with SAS it always asks before rebooting unless you have the Pro version and enable the scheduled scan to reboot (if required) or shutdown after the scan.

For some reason, your program didn't save my documents, now I have to redo 3 hours of work in Excel and Word. Is there any way to recover the files? I know it wasn't smart that I didn't save all the time but it sure as hell would have been smarter if you saved the open documents, BEFORE SHUTTING DOWN!

I hate redoing things I've already done, so I hope you have a solution. AVG also detects your program as a virus, don't support that by deleting peoples documents, please.

SUPERAntiSpyware does not reboot the system without asking the user.

I have AVG pro and free and it doesn't detect superantispyware as a virus.

When did you see this? on the last set of definitions of AVG or prior?

I just did a full scan today at 2pm EST and it showed no viruses. I have AVG Pro with firewall

Also Superantispyware always asks for a reboot before it does it. You should save and close your files then do the reboot

robin

I have the newest AVG 8 and it detects superantispyware as a virus if I open it manually. It DID ask before rebooting, I just clicked yes because I thought it would save before rebooting. I then realized that it would be a good idea to save the documents so I went to "Save as", checked that the name was correct and then proceeded to press save. The program came up with an error. I don't know whether it was Word's error or SAS' but the title was WARNING! and it "CANNOT OPEN" And then before I could press save, I had to click ok at the message AND then it rebooted.

It doesn't matter anymore, I remembered most of the text so it took about one hour to redo it :D. The reason to why it took so long the first time, was that I had to look up a lot of grammar. (It was in German.)

can you tell us where it is detecting superantispyware as a virus. I have avg 8.0 free/ pro on 6 machines of mine and over 40+ on my clients computers and none of them are showing superantispyware as a virus. Believe me I would get a phone call or an email that this was happening.

Also did you pick up the program on superantispyware's main site or somewhere else? If somewhere else maybe it is a corrupted one or it is not the true program.

Can you put a picture here of the alert you are getting?

robin

I am using AVG 8.0 free and have never had SAS pick anything up. :mrgreen:

lol I think you said that backwards.

You should have said:

"I am using AVG 8.0 free and "it" never picked up SAS as a virus"

(this is what you meant right?)

What you said is that you are using avg 8.0 and SAS never picked up anything

robin

IM not surpriced..

Not long ago AVG detected an importent file to ZoneAlarm, then the systemfile "User32.dll" and about 10 days ago it detected a file to Adobe Flash..

BTW why do you work in excel and word, in 3 hours without saving.? I save atleast every 15min when i work in Word, Excel, and other documents..

I am not since he claims it was recent, as said I have so many on avg 8.0 I would have known if it marked superantispyware as a virus.

robin