Stu

Getting update pop-up - but update does not happen

I have today begun seeing a SuperAntiSpyware update pop-up. I get the option to either "download and install updates now" or "continue what I was doing and download later". I click "download and install now", see the Application Update Wizard and click next. I then see the Update Status screen, however nothing is happening there and the Available Updates window is not populated. I can do nothing but click Cancel.

I am seeing this on both XP and Vista machines. I am a bit concerned as I am a reseller and fear the phone might start ringing off the hook. Anything I can do?

I saw that also one one of my computers. I went back to it about an hour later and manually clicked it again and now it brought in the upgraded version.

I would think maybe the servers are just busy.

Try again later and see what happens.

robin

Well the update has gone through on the XP machine, but it is still not happening on Vista. I have tried morning and night, does not make any difference. It is beginning to get very annoying now. :(

what happens when you right click on the bug- check for updates?

does the white box with blue words appear?

If not- your firewall might be blocking the updater. Try disabling the firewall and see if it now updates- at least you will know

If yes- you can go to their main website and pick up the new version. If you do it this way make sure you uninstall it first using the uninstall tool nick gives out here

https://www.superantispyware.com/downloads/SASUNINST.EXE

Just make sure for the Pro you write down the registration number prior to uninstalling it because you will need to put it in again.

robin

Thanks, Robin, I manually installed the update as per your instructions. My firewall was not blocking anything, turned off to check but no difference.

I sure hope my Vista customers don't start calling me with this one.

i have it on 2 vista home premiums sp1- one a desktop one a lap top and both asked for the update. The first time it just sat with the box on the desktop but after a few minutes i tried it again and it worked.

Vista is flaky to begin with so when this happens it is better just to uninstall and reinstall.

I had to do it on my laptop- it installed so flakey it was tagging itself as a threat and so was Vista so i just uninstalled it using the uninstaller and reinstalled then all was fine.

It might have just been a fluke for your vista and you might be lucky and none of your clients have called yet.

Ssome of my clients are terrified to do it themselves, they need my help and the others have done it with no problems. The ones who ask for help i just go in remotely and do it and I only saw one with a problem but that was after it installed. It did not install properly so knowing Vista I just used the uninstaller and reinstalled it and then it was fine.

Funny I never have a bad install on XP where the program goes nutty.

robin