Maik

Update to 4.22.1014

Hi

I'm running SAS with a lifetime licence, version 4.21.1004. I assumed that program updates would be automatic but it seems not. I've tried the update feature within the program but it tells me I'm up-to-date. How do I update to the latest version?

Thanks guys. Am I going to need to insert my registration code? Goodness knows where I've kept that!

SuperAntiSpyware probably does not have its update servers active yet. They usually turn them on slowly to prevent overload. Wait a couple of days and you will get it via Update...automatically.

And yes you need your registration code if you uninstall and re-install manually. If you decide to uninstall, use SASUNINST.exe to do the uninstall.

Thanks. Earlier on I tried to install over-the-top on my second pc (free version) and it seems to have handled the uninstall itself before installing the latest version (as Berny's post). Nice one!

I'll wait a few days before hitting the update button again.

why would you have to uninstall the previous version if it comes via the updater? Doesn't the updater uninstall it/

also I do not know yet but does this one fix the issue with it not ending task when rebooting or shutting down xp?

robin

also (scratching her head)

how come you did not have us test this first? or did i miss something?

robin

also (scratching her head)

how come you did not have us test this first? or did i miss something?

robin

We bump the version so all pre-release versions will update. There was nothing to test.

Also

I just used the updater on 3 computers running xp pro sp3- no issues using "check for updates" and no issues running a full scan

I just used the updater on vista home premium sp1- no issues using the updater- but it asked for a reboot.

IT DID NOT ask for a reboot for xp pro sp3

I also just did one of my clients computers running xp home sp3- using the check for updates- no issue and no reboot needed.

I still have a bunch more to do but i doubt if i will get to them today and the ones who do it themselves if they find a problem I am sure i will hear in the next few days.

robin

Ah, a little box just popped up and asked if I wanted to update. Incredibly quick and painless!

I assumed that program updates would be automatic but it seems not.

So there is still no automatic program update in SAS? :roll:

Certainly in the Pro version there is, it just took a little while for it to work it's way down the pipeline. No problem.

There is an automatic program updater in SUPERAntiSpyware - right click the SUPERAntiSpyware icon and select "Check for Updates".

There is an automatic program updater in SUPERAntiSpyware - right click the SUPERAntiSpyware icon and select "Check for Updates".

That's called "manual update" :wink:

I assumed that program updates would be automatic but it seems not.

So there is still no automatic program update in SAS? :roll:

There has been an auto-updater in SAS since it was first released years ago.......