Daveski17

Trojan.Dropper/Gen

I think you are not the only one :P

Open SAS, move to Quarantine-click several times on + and you will see the path of this trojan file.

Spybot is obsolete by now and cannot deal with new threats. On the other hand SUPERAntiSpyware provides much more frequent(daily, spybot weekly) updates and also has powerful heuristics that help a lot in detecting the new threats.

SUPERAntiSpyware removed this (Trojan.Dropper/Gen) from my computer today. Spybot S&D missed it. Has anyone else seen this?

Yes, especially since nothing is 100% on any given day. As previously stated Spybot is long in the tooth, but it does have an immunization feature, and it's another free on-demand scanner. While SAS is a remarkable product I've come across malware that it is unable to detect/remove. The same can be said for any anti-malware product out there.

SUPERAntiSpyware removed this (Trojan.Dropper/Gen) from my computer today. Spybot S&D missed it. Has anyone else seen this?

Yes, especially since nothing is 100% on any given day. As previously stated Spybot is long in the tooth, but it does have an immunization feature, and it's another free on-demand scanner. While SAS is a remarkable product I've come across malware that it is unable to detect/remove. The same can be said for any anti-malware product out there.

That is very true - when you (or anyone) finds things we don't remove, please let us know so we can get the samples and remove the infections!