Spyker6

Won't load

I downloaded the free version of SAS onto a flash drive and loaded it onto the HD of the troubled computer but the program won't start. I get the blue Microsoft box that says: "SUPERAntispyware application has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry, yada, yada."

I tried running it from the flash drive and I even erased it, made a new download but it still won't work. I'd try to download directly into the troubled computer but the website gets highjacked as soon as I go online. Any ideas?

I have the same problem. Unfortunately both the installer and the program itself have the same file name, Superantispyware.exe . I can run each in turn if I rename the file so "superantispyware.exe" it is clearly being blocked but the fixes included with Superantispyware do not include a fix for this particular problem!!! I ran a scan and removed everything found but the problem remains.

When i first found that the installation program was being blocked I searched the Registry for references to superantispyware but failed to find anything. So I don't know how it is done. Other anti-malware programs such as Spybot Search and Destroy are also blocked.

You guys might have a look at this thread from Malwarebytes' as the users there were having a similar issue: http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/inde ... topic=7668

Instead of directing users to other forums, why not point them to a solution with SUPERAntiSpyware.... :)

https://www.superantispyware.com/support ... tml?faq=71

hey nick,

with all the problems with this nasty trojan, maybe for this one you should post it as a blurb in Frequently Asked Questions on this forum. This way they do not have to go to another programs site :)

Just a suggestion

robin : :roll: :