Sign in to follow this  
PNet-Michael

Remote Registry Scan?

I found a post that was dated back in 2006 that talked of remote registry scanning. That was then, so my question now, is it available now? I saw that on the Ultimate Boot CD that it was possible however I don't want to have to put a CD in to do these sort of scans. I'm sure I can muster up a script that can can do that... but if SAS already has that capability why invest my own time then eh? :P

Another reason as to why I'd rather do it remotely rather than via CD is due to the fact that I work on computers all day. I do most of my scans by taking out the hard-drive and hooking it up to the service station via USB which I then do the scans from there since XP/Vista mounts it as a hard-drive (kinda like an external enclosure, without the enclosure). I typically scan 5 - 10 drives at a time, so it'd be a lot faster to also remotely scan the registries.

Typical routine would be:

Take out drive, hook up to service station via USB.

Scan drives

Install drives back into respective customers computers

Run internal scans

Clean up

Done

I currently scan every system with SAS Pro, ClamAV, Norton 2009, Malwarebytes, ComboFix, Adaware Pro, Spybot S&D, and I run Dial-A-Fix as well as WinSock XP Fix.. the whole process is to make sure the systems completely clean. Some scans find objects that others dont. :P