mark.eleven

Compatibility with Trend Micro Internet Security

I intend to run SAS on-demand basis, with Trend Micro Internet Security 2008 running. But I was advised by Trend Micro Support not to install SAS because it may cause conflicts with Trend Micro Internet Security 2008, hence making it to be unstable, resulting to performance errors.

What's SAS experience with Trend Micro Internet Security in terms of compatibility ?

I intend to run SAS on-demand basis, with Trend Micro Internet Security 2008 running. But I was advised by Trend Micro Support not to install SAS because it may cause conflicts with Trend Micro Internet Security 2008, hence making it to be unstable, resulting to performance errors.

What's SAS experience with Trend Micro Internet Security in terms of compatibility ?

I would like to see a copy of that communication - there are no issues with Trend Micro and they know that - the continue to tell users to remove basically all other software. There are no conflicts - Trend is a bit (read:huge) of a system hog, and thus they try and clear everything else off the system so it can even run. We have no problems with Trend and we never recommended that a user remove another security product - no single product, including Trend and/or SAS, can catch everything on a given day, so multiple layers are ALWAYS recommended.

A product on-demand, such as SAS, will never interfere or conflict with something like Trend Micro. You are good to go using both products and will be better protected!

We recommend that you don't install it.
Rest assured that your computer is completely protected from spywares.

It's a response that is ludicrous on many levels.

Didn't Trend pull out of VB100 testing since they keep failing? :wink: IMO Trend is major bloatware w/ mediocre detection capabilities.

Yes, that's one of those levels :)

Others would include the fact that you shouldn't be relying on only one antimalware application, and the typical antimalware apps that most end users use, are highly targeted.