greyfox

Home Page Protection

SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition Version 4.15.1000

Core 3628 Trace 1612

Windows XP-Home SP3, IE7, all current updates, Avast Home Edition 4.8.1229 Antivirus, Zone Alarm 7.0.483.000 Free Firewall

With "Protect Home page from being changed.Changes can be made only here" ticked in the Hijack Protection Page, the IE7 home page can still be manually changed from within IE7, and the new page will remain through a restart of the browser, and also through a reboot. If Superantispyware is subsequently opened and it's Hijack protection page opened, then simply closed again, the home page is then returned to the original (the one shown on the HiJack Protection page).

I expected the Home page to be locked against being changed at all from outside of the Hijack protection page - is there something I am missing.

xyz360400,

Thank you for your response. I did in fact update to 4.21.1004 shortly after my earlier post (and it is no different in regards to the home page protection). I think your suggestion that this feature would only fully work in realtime with the Pro version is probably the answer.