SAS-fan

Any timeline for full vista compatability?

SAS-Pro is working fine with Vista, but is not fully functional. Do you have any idea when we can expect the "first chance prevention" feature to be compatible with vista?

No idea myself, but my guess would be ver 5 which is already in development, and from what I've read about it so far, it will have quite a few changes in store.

We have not posted anything about version 5, so I would be curious as to where you would have read that? :)

No idea myself, but my guess would be ver 5 which is already in development, and from what I've read about it so far, it will have quite a few changes in store.

We have not posted anything about version 5, so I would be curious as to where you would have read that? :)

Now that I see you have read the thread,do you an answer for the original question? How about just a "ballpark" date?

Now that I see you have read the thread,do you an answer for the original question? How about just a "ballpark" date?

We are releasing a pre-release for our language translation and real-time enhancements which include the NVidia fix today. Then we'll be onto our next release after this one ships.

Sadly, with the new 'pre-build', the spiking is still present.

With 4.22 from the pre-release? Post in the pre-release area - for everyone else this has resolved any issues related to drivers - you must have something else on your system that is scanning while we scan in real-time that is causing the spikes.

Unfortunately, the answer above with references to NVIDIA is too complicated for me to understand. I don't know what NVIDIA is or how that relates to first chance prevention not working on Windows Vista. Would it be possible for a site administrator or and SAS staff member to answer the following question:

When will "first chance prevention" work on vista machines? All that is needed is a date. Or even a rough date/time frame.

Thanks in advance!

When will "first chance prevention" work on vista machines? All that is needed is a date. Or even a rough date/time frame.

Thanks in advance!

It will be in a future release - we don't provide dates as we do releases as we implement additions and changes.

Time to officially complain. I still think you make a good product, but it appears you are dragging your feet on full Vista compatibility. Is there possibly a programming issue?

First chance prevention really should be Vista compatible by now. I mean, people are already talking about the replacement for Vista. Vista is on the way out. It just seems like you guys dropped the ball on this one. Not trying to be negative, just expressing a legit issue.

Time to officially complain. I still think you make a good product, but it appears you are dragging your feet on full Vista compatibility. Is there possibly a programming issue?

First chance prevention really should be Vista compatible by now. I mean, people are already talking about the replacement for Vista. Vista is on the way out. It just seems like you guys dropped the ball on this one. Not trying to be negative, just expressing a legit issue.

The First Chance Prevention is different in Vista - our kernel drivers take care of lots of that now so the First Chance that is in XP is not applicable (or needed) in Vista as it uses the WinLogon handler. We may just make that option not appear in Vista to avoid complaints as they are different systems and work differently. Vista is on it's way "out" as much as 98 is on it's way out....12 years later :)

... our kernel drivers take care of lots of that now so the First Chance that is in XP is not applicable (or needed) in Vista as it uses the WinLogon handler. We may just make that option not appear in Vista to avoid complaints as they are different systems and work differently.

If the marked parts in the above quote are turning out to be true, then I think you guys make many empty promises.... you always say "soon", or "when it's ready"... but in the end the feature simple gets dumped completely. If you are planning to dump features, then don't say or advertise that those features are going to be made available *soon*.

... our kernel drivers take care of lots of that now so the First Chance that is in XP is not applicable (or needed) in Vista as it uses the WinLogon handler. We may just make that option not appear in Vista to avoid complaints as they are different systems and work differently.

If the marked parts in the above quote are turning out to be true, then I think you guys make many empty promises.... you always say "soon", or "when it's ready"... but in the end the feature simple gets dumped completely. If you are planning to dump features, then don't say or advertise that those features are going to be made available *soon*.

Nothing is gettting dumped, nor are we making empty promises - we are advancing the technology and providing the best protection we can for our users. The new technology is superior to the existing First Chance Prevention and will be moved under the First Chance Prevention "label" when it's deployed and be transparent and offer MORE PROTECTION to the user.

Sure... seeing is believing, but until then...

But who cares what I think anyway, I'm just a simple user that used to use SuperAntiSpyware and SuperAdBlocker... but after many delays, many vague promises, 2 years of Vista being available and the amazing lack of updates to SuperAdBlocker, well let's just say I'm feeling a little ripped-off. I wonder if I'm the only one...

But there's no sense in continuing my rant, so I'll stop complaining now.

Sure... seeing is believing, but until then...

But who cares what I think anyway, I'm just a simple user that used to use SuperAntiSpyware and SuperAdBlocker... but after many delays, many vague promises, 2 years of Vista being available and the amazing lack of updates to SuperAdBlocker, well let's just say I'm feeling a little ripped-off. I wonder if I'm the only one...

But there's no sense in continuing my rant, so I'll stop complaining now.

If you have concerns we are here to address them - we listen to all our users, no one is "simple" or "small". As far as "ripped off" - You realize we update definitions daily to protect you correct? We do releases of SUPERAntiSpyware more times per year than just about any company out there. SUPERAdBlocker hasn't needed updating with the exception of Firefox 3 - which from a developers standpoint is a nightmare - we have a plugin in testing now.

... SUPERAdBlocker hasn't needed updating ...

If you believe this is true then go ahead... but I don't believe this is true, with the prime example of the whole outdated SAS engine in SAB and the issues with SAB combined with UAC in Vista. Also I find it hard to believe that SAB has no bugs that need fixing or things that need improving, especially since version 4.6.1000 was released on 08/16/2007.

... with the exception of Firefox 3 - which from a developers standpoint is a nightmare - we have a plugin in testing now.

This sounds to me like there is no new version to be expected for IE7/IE8 in the near future or that Firefox 3 is the cause of an unreasonable delay of releasing a new version of SAB that is 100% compatible with Windows Vista in ALL aspects.

I have raised my concerns already on multiple occasions, and reading from your replies my concerns will not be addressed in the near future because it doesn't seem to fit your development cycle. From a user standpoint the only program that you visibly and actively develop is SuperAntiSpyware. You may continuously say that you are actively developing SAB (and your other software), but the longer updates stay out the more credibility you loose. The slogan "when it's ready" only satisfies people for so long, and if enough time goes by then this same slogan because meaningless.

... SUPERAdBlocker hasn't needed updating ...

If you believe this is true then go ahead... but I don't believe this is true, with the prime example of the whole outdated SAS engine in SAB and the issues with SAB combined with UAC in Vista. Also I find it hard to believe that SAB has no bugs that need fixing or things that need improving, especially since version 4.6.1000 was released on 08/16/2007.

... with the exception of Firefox 3 - which from a developers standpoint is a nightmare - we have a plugin in testing now.

This sounds to me like there is no new version to be expected for IE7/IE8 in the near future or that Firefox 3 is the cause of an unreasonable delay of releasing a new version of SAB that is 100% compatible with Windows Vista in ALL aspects.

I have raised my concerns already on multiple occasions, and reading from your replies my concerns will not be addressed in the near future because it doesn't seem to fit your development cycle. From a user standpoint the only program that you visibly and actively develop is SuperAntiSpyware. You may continuously say that you are actively developing SAB (and your other software), but the longer updates stay out the more credibility you loose. The slogan "when it's ready" only satisfies people for so long, and if enough time goes by then this same slogan because meaningless.

We are working hard to to advance all of our products. It's unfortunate that more people don't provide support so we can afford to advance everything at the same time!