PatrickB

Why is SASWinlo.dll runs even though SAS does not autostart?

I recently installed SuperAntiSpyware and selected for it not to run at startup. Spybot Search and Destroy's "Startup" list of programs shows that SASWinlo.dll runs at startup and then apparently quits since I do not see it in TaskMgr. What does SASWinlo.dll do?

Thank you,

-- Patrick B.

I recently installed SuperAntiSpyware and selected for it not to run at startup. Spybot Search and Destroy's "Startup" list of programs shows that SASWinlo.dll runs at startup and then apparently quits since I do not see it in TaskMgr. What does SASWinlo.dll do?

Thank you,

-- Patrick B.

It's a winlogon handler, it does't run then quit, the DLL is simply loaded by WINLOGON at startup. It does nothing if you don't have first chance prevention enabled.

In the interest of system optimization, would it be reasonable to disable this DLL from even loading?

Will SAS work when manually started later if this DLL is not loaded by WinLogin at startup?

Thanks!

Patrick B.

In the interest of system optimization, would it be reasonable to disable this DLL from even loading?

Will SAS work when manually started later if this DLL is not loaded by WinLogin at startup?

Thanks!

Patrick B.

It uses no resources, nor does anything to slow the system - it does help remove stubborn infections, so disabling it may chage the ability of SUPERAntiSpyware to remove certain threats.

So if I do disable SASWinlo.dll from autostarting, will SAS load it when SAS is started? ... or would I need to reenable it to autostart then reboot?

Thanks again,

Patrick B.

So if I do disable SASWinlo.dll from autostarting, will SAS load it when SAS is started? ... or would I need to reenable it to autostart then reboot?

Thanks again,

Patrick B.

Just leave it as is if you want it to work.