f00d4m3

Malware/spyware that is preventing access to sites

There's this thing that keeps popping up that says "Completetala" as the name and underneath its says "hehehehehehehehe!!!!" i have no idea what's causing it, it also seems to prevent me from visiting facebook, google and any other mainstream site like youtube.

When ever i try to access these site, I get redirected to a page called "Microsoft Security Center" with this message:

Alert : Your computer have been attacked by spyware or viruses!

Please download AntiSpyware to fix.

The site doesn't have a logo or anything...but all it does try and force me to download an anti-spyware program called "Anti-Spyware 2008" at http://www.antispyware.com/index.htm, which i believe to be a fake anti-spyware program.

I may have downloaded this by accident after all my files on my spare hard drive got wiped somehow, i tried downloading WINRAR from download.com and it turned out not to be the program that i intended to download. It showed up in my task-manager as WINRAR.exe, when i ended the process the messages stop popping up but i still could not access the sites stated above.

Restarting the computer did nothing as the "completetala" re appeared under a different file name that im unsure of. I've got AVG and Zone Alarm running and as I am typing this, The "completetala" keeps popping up over and over

If anyone is willing to help, or has any advice please respond ASAP

Yes, I did download the Super-AntiSpyware and I ran it in safe mode but this problem is still occurring, the "Completetala" thing still keeps popping up.

I am still unable to access sites such as google and facebook. But instead of the so-called "Microsoft Security Centre", I get "Service Unavailable" instead.

This "Completetala" is really irritating me, so if you guys could lend a hand or whatever I'd appreciate it

Thanks, Bill

Yes, I did download the Super-AntiSpyware and I ran it in safe mode but this problem is still occurring, the "Completetala" thing still keeps popping up.

I am still unable to access sites such as google and facebook. But instead of the so-called "Microsoft Security Centre", I get "Service Unavailable" instead.

This "Completetala" is really irritating me, so if you guys could lend a hand or whatever I'd appreciate it

Thanks, Bill

Submit a support request here and indicate I sent you from the forum:

https://www.superantispyware.com/createticket.html