PrEmIuM

Few suggestions to SAS 5

Hello, as i very like SAS, i suggest on version 5:

****Greatly improve GUI...(well if can, brand new) (transparent option+)

***Improve Terminate memory threats function

**Improve scanning time by at least 10%

*Scanner should use some smaller amount of memory (60+ MB)???(30mb is OK)

*****Translate in more languages

**Delete stealth virus files with Unlocker Engine...

****Stop using Terminating Memory Threates when Cookie is found

*****Shorter build dates please! Every day users worldwide have incompatiblities with some Programs/other, so please!!

*Use more advanced tehnology for detecting a program crash

***Integrate Tehnology-if cannot delete after re-boot, delete in Safe Mode..HOW? If after restart file/key doesnt delete, show warning "This file cannot delete in Normal mode!You can try delete it in safe mode".

*******In silent real-time mode, you can add some shields like in Spyware Doctor...

**Offer shutdown option when scan is complete(if system is clean)+show warnings like 80% of scan is done, shutdown enabled/disabled,90% of scan done, few time left,shutdown enabled/disabled++...

****Integrate tehnology - block bad sites/IP's/Rogue app sites/3rd party sites like (symantec.com OK,symantes.com BLOCK)

+I I very like transparency because Windows Aero touched my heart and now im very like all transparent :D

Hope we use some of my ideas, bye bye... :):):)

my another list is some smaller...

*I read many suggestions, and i see 90% of good suggestions...*

So:

***Icons can be new, well take some from Windows Vista and Windows 7 ...(Another sources)

********I very like idea from Norton 2009( they use cool databases(Pulse Updates) They are rapid~5-10 minutes...As we know SAS use 2MB for each DB..but if you cut it in 6 halfs we get Pulse Updates more faster...(Every 30 min..)

*****Add a vulnerability scan (close spots, where spyware can come)

********Integrate technology "Fix me!" What i mean?->When system very badly infected by spyware we can burn to CD Rescue Suite,which downloads database and scan for Infections..

*****Integrate technology- "I am stealth!" What i mean?-> When virus try to kill SAS process, quarantine attacker...And deny access to the process of course :)...

****Improve Services scan (at least 30%)

**Add a password protection for settings/uninstall

****If virus is S.M.A.R.T and try silently uninstall SAS, show warning like In ZoneAlarm(if i uninstalling it, it warns me)

***Add basic Realtime Protection to SAS Free(i have PRO, but others dont..So please :) :) :) ) I think users count will double+ software reputation and unkrown threats detection will incerease up to 34,9%

*If SAS Free will have REaltime Protection, then you can limit it (half-year) and then ask to reinstall :)

****Make SAS more responsive to Archived files scanning(WinRAR has function called Virus scan-it needs scanner file,name,parameters...so think about it)

Thanks for your suggestions! They are all saved on our lists for future releases! We appreciate you taking the time to share them!

Noo big!Thanks that you save it, and i hope you use something...Well i have some missed suggestions too :wink:

**I know, traditional SAS icon is ..I give 2 out of 10 to it..Make a change :)

***Multi-Dimension process scanner takes much CPU, maybe lower it

***As some peoples(and me too) needs working on PC and nothing dont need slow down us..So scheulded scan may slow me up to 60%, but You can make a Background scan, which scan with less resources, but takes a more time to finish the scan...Anyway its better than a system hang...

*****Integrate technology - "Keep away !" What i mean- Trojan Vundo and Generic are most Trojans, which are always in the wild and are most detected, and SAS can bring a shield, which dont allow write the files/keys to system

*As we know SAS have VET(Vundo Extraction Tool), but some Trojans are more stealth than Vundo, so you can improve VET to some more Trojans...

***SAS diagnostic report can be tool, which can sort files, that not needed for scanning or not virus files...Think about it

****For registered users SAS can make 24/7 chat support for free!!

****Interate technology- "I monitoring you.." What i mean- if file may suspcious, then check how its accessed, what it do in system and how its accessing system resources..

What I would recommend, having had experience with MANY antimalware packages, what I would recommend is the following: Make SUPERAntiSpyware all inclusive.. if possible include tools, i.e. Registy Cleanup, Startup Tweakers, and the like... I've read several independent reviews of this software and I must agree with them in 1 aspect, this software needs to be much more aggressive in it's abilities. This program has the potential, don't let it go to waste!!

What I would recommend, having had experience with MANY antimalware packages, what I would recommend is the following: Make SUPERAntiSpyware all inclusive.. if possible include tools, i.e. Registy Cleanup, Startup Tweakers, and the like... I've read several independent reviews of this software and I must agree with them in 1 aspect, this software needs to be much more aggressive in it's abilities. This program has the potential, don't let it go to waste!!

We won't bloat our software. The phrase "Jack of all trades, master of none" really does apply to products that try and do everything - you can't be good at everything - we choose to be experts at anti-spyware. :)

We won't bloat our software. The phrase "Jack of all trades, master of none" really does apply to products that try and do everything - you can't be good at everything - we choose to be experts at anti-spyware. :)

+1 to that, in fact all that behavioral blocking, system monitoring stuff he suggested goes more into the range of an anti-virus/internet security suite in my opinion and would hinder SAS's ability to be compatible with just about every other known AV/AS/FW out there. Not to mention it would eat up more system resources (ram and cpu time aren't free when you have a realtime app scrutinizing every process). If you look at the resources used by apps like Spyware Doctor and SpySweeper (which do have all those extra blockers and monitors) they are monstorous in comparison to SAS and often can't block/remove the newest nasties, but this technology is better? SAS is a lightweight targeted app with a low cost on both the wallet and system resources and I don't ever want to see that change.

I agree too. One of SAS's great features is it's incredible lightness. ~500KB RAM when idle, while fully protecting, ~3MB with GUI opened and ~10MB when updating. That's really awesome. If you compare it to the other anti spywares they occupy 10 times as much as SAS and slowdown file transferring. I don't want SAS to become like SpySweeper... :| So keep it great but keep it light! :D

One thing I wanna see in V5 is "proactive" Keylogger defender.

Like Zemana, FireLion antikeyloggers are. They proactively defense users against keyloggers.

That is "must to be" in great Anti-Spyware product.

also rootkit protection, I would like to see an option you can click for this.

robin

robin

To disable it? Please explain the logic behind your suggestion.

robin

not disable - to have

I do not see rootkit protection when it does a scan

or does it automatically now scan for rootkits?

robin

i am assuming you have to have First chance protection ticked?

I do not have this ticked on most of my client's computers run too slow on boot up with it ticked.

If this is so, i would like to see an option for rootkit checking so when you run a scan you have the ability to check it off or not.

robin

robin

not disable - to have

robin

Robin - we have had rootkit detection for years......

robin

not disable - to have

robin

SAS has been detecting and removing rootkits for quite some time.

Detect and Remove Spyware, Adware, Malware, Trojans, Dialers, Worms, KeyLoggers, HiJackers, Parasites, Rootkits and many other types of threats.

https://www.superantispyware.com/definit ... ?iDays=365