Slime

Problem with Firefox Plugin.

Hi everyone,

have just encountered the following problem, hope you can help.

I've just clicked on the 'Find out what's running on your computer!' link which took me to a 'FileResearchCenter.com' page on Mozilla.

When prompted to install the plugin I got the following message,

"Firefox could not install the file at

http://www.superadblocker.com/activex/sabffx.xpi

because: Install script not found

-204".

Does anyone know how I get around this,

many thanks,

Slime

Hi,

Any idea when the plugin will be ready for FF3? I have just had the same problem.

Thanks. :wink:

DrBB01

When it's done :) It will not be too long.

Hi,

Any idea when the plugin will be ready for FF3? I have just had the same problem.

Thanks. :wink:

DrBB01

When it's done :) It will not be too long.

2 months later, and still nothing? I was considering upgrading, but if this is the kind of support I can expect I think I'll just hold on to my money.

The FileResearchCenter is a free service we provide in addition to SUPERAntiSpyware. Firefox 3 is a horrible system to support for developers - they have maintained ZERO backward support, unlike Microsoft which doesn't break everything each version. It's very frustrating to have to re-invent the wheel each time they do a release with no decent documentation and horribly commented code. As the director of our development, I place higher priority on zero-day threats than Firefox 3. We are working on the support - but must protect our users from ACTUAL threats that are coming out daily.

The FileResearchCenter is a free service we provide in addition to SUPERAntiSpyware. Firefox 3 is a horrible system to support for developers - they have maintained ZERO backward support, unlike Microsoft which doesn't break everything each version. It's very frustrating to have to re-invent the wheel each time they do a release with no decent documentation and horribly commented code. As the director of our development, I place higher priority on zero-day threats than Firefox 3. We are working on the support - but must protect our users from ACTUAL threats that are coming out daily.

Been well over 2 years now and still no solution. I say if you are not going to get it fixed, then get the darned thing off your program??????? What does everyone else think?????? You are showing something available that is not at all available and looks like it never well so it is time to get it off your site......

Let's give them hell people, just don't stand aside and let it slide.

Been well over 2 years now and still no solution. I say if you are not going to get it fixed, then get the darned thing off your program??????? What does everyone else think?????? You are showing something available that is not at all available and looks like it never well so it is time to get it off your site......

Let's give them hell people, just don't stand aside and let it slide.

The FileResearchCenter is a FREE service we provide our users. It's a courtesy service. Firefox has done a horrible job at providing backwards support for plugins, thus each time a new version comes out we have to literally re-write our plugins. We are in the process of creating a browser independent application (no longer a plugin) that will be available after the first of the year. FYI, Internet Explorer (greater than 60%-70% of the market) does work with no problem.

As far as your comment "let's give them hell people, just don't stand aside and let it slide" - why don't you show some respect that us software developers provide tremendous services FREE of charge to the end users such as yourself - this costs us real time and real money to produce, maintain and create. Maybe we (as a software development community) should all just remove our free products and you can pay for everything?

Thankfully there are plenty of people that do appreciate what we do so we aren't put in that position as we enjoy providing services to help our end-users free of charge!