Comandin boy

Computer freezes while scanning

Hi,

When installing SUPERAntiSpyware, there's a popup window asking for e-mail, then another asking if you want to enable automatic update, and after that, a new windows asks if you want to submit a scan of current running processes. I accepted that scan, and my computer got frozen while scanning c:\windows\system32\drivers\atksgt.sys (I don't know if that is important...)

Then I've restarted my computer (configuration wizard popup started again) and it got frozen again in the same step.

(Frozen: I can't move the mouse for a very long time, I have to restart it by pressing "reset" button in PC front case).

Next time, I've skipped that step. But when making the first scan (deep scan), it got frozen after a while (I can't say in what moment).

I'm using Windows XP SP3 and the latest version of SUPERAntiSpyware (free). I have run it in normal mode (I mean, not in safe mode) and anti-virus software (avast!) was running.

I've uninstalled SUPERAntispyware as I don't want my computer to get frozen again. I hope you can give me some advide to install it again and use it properly.

Thanks.