davidwilp

Key Loggers

I use Spector Soft Pro. Another spyware program I used always detected this and gave me the option to ignore it in future scans. I felt comfortable knowing that my software detected this. Yours does not for whatever reason. Even though it is a program that is user installed, your updates should include detecting all key loggers and giving the option to ignore. What is someone installs it on a computer without me knowing? It would also go a long way for consumer confidence in your product.

Thanks,

David

I use Spector Soft Pro. Another spyware program I used always detected this and gave me the option to ignore it in future scans. I felt comfortable knowing that my software detected this. Yours does not for whatever reason. Even though it is a program that is user installed, your updates should include detecting all key loggers and giving the option to ignore. What is someone installs it on a computer without me knowing? It would also go a long way for consumer confidence in your product.

Thanks,

David

David - thank you for your suggestion. We have had this request before, but many companies and private citizens DON'T want them detected because of the legit use i.e. to monitor children, etc. It's something we have considered often.

I too use it to monitor not only my computer but my kids. What I do is install the program, run the spyware program, have it recognize it, tell it to ignore it and then it is all set. Personally, I would rather risk them finding out then risk a guest or someone in my office installing a key logger that emails them reports like spectorsoft can and me never knowing.

I agree. I own a business and when I used another spy program I would install it, run it and then tell the software to ignore it in the future. I do use key loggers at work. Also, when using a key logger at your business you are supposed to let employees know anyhow.

Why not show an alert about it, and let the user choose?

Probably because the user could be the child/employee that isn't supposed to be aware of it's presence, much less able to choose whether to allow it or not.

And an option to enable/disable this type of alerts!?

What about just adding the detection, and then give the users an option under real-time-protection to turn that detection on/off..