jerrymcg

Finds but won't delete

I have the SuperAntiSpywarePro....

I have the most recent updates....

It took several attempts to get some trojans to delete, but I still can't get rid of the following:

rogue.fake/alert

rogue.trace/component

rogue.multi-dropper/installer

I've tried with.... and without.... the internet connected.

After re-boot, everything seems fine, and then a minute or so later the wallpaper changes, so I know it's still there.

SuperAntiApyware keeps finding but not deleting these same rogues

This is a business computer....

I could really use help ASAP

Thanks

Jerry

I guess you mean SUPERAntiSpyware Pro... :lol:

Anyway, try booting in safe mode and running a scan from there(if you don't know how to do it, you can use the BootSafe utility include in SUPERAntiSpyware)

I have the SuperAntiSpywarePro....

I have the most recent updates....

It took several attempts to get some trojans to delete, but I still can't get rid of the following:

rogue.fake/alert

rogue.trace/component

rogue.multi-dropper/installer

I've tried with.... and without.... the internet connected.

After re-boot, everything seems fine, and then a minute or so later the wallpaper changes, so I know it's still there.

SuperAntiApyware keeps finding but not deleting these same rogues

This is a business computer....

I could really use help ASAP

Thanks

Jerry

Did you already submit a support request? If so, please just work with our technician there as double-posting adds lots of work on our end :)

I did submit support request(s)

The first one I told them I had the Pro edition....

They responded a couple hours later they couldn't help me unless I had the Pro edition

Then they sent me the diagnostics.....

I've been messing with this for 12 hours now.....

It's a business computer....my only one

I haven't heard back, so I'm way more than anxious to get this resolved.

Spanking...instead of helping....a very frustrated "customer" is highly unprofessional.

I did submit support request(s)

The first one I told them I had the Pro edition....

They responded a couple hours later they couldn't help me unless I had the Pro edition

Then they sent me the diagnostics.....

I've been messing with this for 12 hours now.....

It's a business computer....my only one

I haven't heard back, so I'm way more than anxious to get this resolved.

Spanking...instead of helping....a very frustrated "customer" is highly unprofessional.

No one is "spanking" anyone - we are simply asking to keep one thread of assistance so it does not double our work - we have many technicians and having multiple people looking at the same diagnostic is not effecient for anyone. We are assisting you in the support system. I am sorry you are frustrated - we didn't infect your system, but we are working hard to help you resolve the issue that is on your system!

Ok this happened to me well a different type but pretty much the same. Go to this link it tells you what to do. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 305AAllIkB

The ewido scanner is an online scanner it will scan and deleate everything else that superantispyware doesn't get. It is located as the best answer. Here are my steps, but I am give the credit to this person.

Step 1- Since you already have the pro version of SuperAntiSpyware.

Step 2- Download the latest version of the defintion update.

Step 3- Run the scan (Full Scan to make sure nothing is left behind). To run in safe mode when your computer turns on easyiest thing is to just keep hitting /F8\ Until it Goes to a screen with a lot of words make sure /Safe Mode\ is highlighted and clike enter and when it boots up then run the Full Scan.

Step 4- Once it gets done scanning it will bring you to the screen that shows you what it found. Click next and once it quarintines it. If its a trojan or something major it will ask you to restart just click yes.

SuperAntiSpywareDetect1.GIF

SuperAntiSpywareReboot1.GIF

SuperAntiSpywareRemover.GIF

Step 5- When your back on (doesn't have to be safe mode). Open up SuperAntiSpyware and go to quaritine items and click the date and then click remove. Just incase something happens and the program is changed and they are let out of quarintine.

SuperAntiSpywareQu.GIF

SuperAntiSpywareQuarantined1.GIF

AntiSpywarere.GIF

Step 6- Go to this link: http://www.ewido.net/en/onlinescan/ It will ask you to download the online scanner its not a very big file. Once it downloads it will take a little bit for it to download all the definitions. (Once its done, then you want need to take to long to download the next ones the next time unless you deleate your temp. folder.). It will show a screen that shows you C://, Cookies, ... Make sure all are checked.

EwidoScan.GIF

Step 7- Scan it it will take a while according to how many files are on your computer.

Ewido.GIF

Step 8- Then you will make sure everything is checked and click /Remove Infections\.

EwidoScanning.GIF

Proof- This method worked for me and yahoo is just like google, aol, hotmail, ... My computer is up and running because I did this my computer got so infected it wouldn't do much. Now it works perfectly. The post below says that ewido doesn't work because AVG controls it. Well AVG is well respcted by people more important than the one below. Also AVG controlled Ewido online scan when I scanned my computer and they do keep it up to date.

Ok this happened to me well a different type but pretty much the same. Go to this link it tells you what to do. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 305AAllIkB

The ewido scanner is an online scanner it will scan and deleate everything else that superantispyware doesn't get. It is located as the best answer.

Yahoo answers are typically filled with half-witted responses, and IMO they should be taken with a grain of salt. Ewido sold out to AVG a few years ago, and while the detection rates were somewhat respectable I never held it in high regards. Nothing is 100% on any given day, and unless someone posts logs so a malware expert can pick out the infections they are fighting an uphill battle.