Len666

trojan.dns.changer

I have been gettting unwanted pop up ads. After running SAS the trojan.DNSchanger-Codec is detected along with a number of other files. After completing the removal process and re-booting the system as instructed the problem returns.

Please let me know what to do next! Thanks

I have been gettting unwanted pop up ads. After running SAS the trojan.DNSchanger-Codec is detected along with a number of other files. After completing the removal process and re-booting the system as instructed the problem returns.

Please let me know what to do next! Thanks

Are you scanning with our latest definitions?

len, you could try doing a scan while running in "safe mode".. maybe that will allow the infection to be properly removed..

to boot into "safe mode", reboot the computer and press the "F8" key as the computer is booting up.. that should give you a DOS-looking screen.. then follow the prompts for booting into safe mode..

hey guys im back i did what you told me and everything went away and i did a routine scan today and it says the dns changer is back i went into safe mode again and follwed the steps and it said there were none, so i went back on to regular start up and scanned again and it says i have the dns changer codec again. is there any way this could be a false positive? or did i never get rid of it? please help me grr so frustrated

hey guys im back i did what you told me and everything went away and i did a routine scan today and it says the dns changer is back i went into safe mode again and follwed the steps and it said there were none, so i went back on to regular start up and scanned again and it says i have the dns changer codec again. is there any way this could be a false positive? or did i never get rid of it? please help me grr so frustrated

Post the scan log here so we can see what is being detected.