robinb9

how come the look of the forums has changed

i know i have been away for 2 weeks, between my holidays and the water damage we have had in our office and the seminars i give, but i come here and everything is different- how come? I feel like i am the twilight zone.

robin

I'm struggling a bit to get used to it, myself. Something seems quite hard on the eyes - the bits of red against the blue are very harsh - maybe it's partly that. It's as if something is scattering the eye around the screen so that it's harder to find what I'm looking for.

I'm struggling a bit to get used to it, myself. Something seems quite hard on the eyes - the bits of red against the blue are very harsh - maybe it's partly that. It's as if something is scattering the eye around the screen so that it's harder to find what I'm looking for.

yea

it looks rather strange and it is hurting to the eyes. I am wondering if they can fix that part at least

So Nick why the change?

robin

the one thing that i don't like is the stupid "save" button.. when i am trying to post, i always inadvertently click the "save" button instead of clicking the "submit" button..

Also, if it's possible, having the poster's name and info on the left is much user-friendlier. The way it now is, having to move your eyes to the right side to see who's post it is, and than go back to the left to start reading is very illogical and even unnatural; we are used to read from left to right. Not going against that rule should have higher priority than looks, imho.

Just my $0.02... :)

This theme is horrible on the eyes. The included subsilver2 theme would be more appropriate IMO.

http://demo.phpbb3styles.net/subsilver2

T

This theme is much better. Much easier on the eyes too.

also i do not like the save button too. I keep hitting that one instead of Submit, then i cannot understand what happened to my post.

robin